Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Paypal is a piece seller beware.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Paypal is a piece seller beware.

Category: Accessories
Price: $3500
Part Fits: 2010+ Camaro, 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, Corvette
Location (State): AL
Item Condition: Brand New
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

Sellers beware paypal will not protect you from lying buyers on these forums. Let me be clear this thread is not to bash paypal but to make those of you whom sell items on these forums aware that paypal will side with the buyer a long as the seller does what paypal ask regardless of the the source. ( will explain in detail ).

In my case I posted a thread for a supercharger and supercharger parts for a 05 and up corvette. Everything and I do mean everything down to the last nut bolt and detail of what items where new and used that was included in the sale was listed in the thread and nothing more.

The add listed at about 9-10am on here and other forums, of just a list of what was included and a statement that I will post pics as soon as i get a chance to download them. I then left for the day to go to work. When i returned around 5am the add had recieved a few hits in the thread from some potential buyers.
One buyer ( the guy who eventually bought it) never posted in the actual sell add but he had emailed and pm 'ed me twice that "I seen the add I want it, just send me pics and I will send money to your paypal."

Well I did just that. I sent the buyer 6 pics showing all the parts listed in the add. We also communicated on the phone where we talked more than 4 diffrent ocassions in which the buyer asked questions.

By 8pm I had the money in my paypal account. No sooner than 8:30-8:45 the buyer called me and at that point the buyer told me that he didnt notice the plumbing was missing and asked if i could refund to him a little to make up the for plumbing. My answer was no in a courjal way because, I had already threw in a set of 60lb injectors that where not included in the add. He stated ,he understood "and the supercharger head unit alone is worth what your asking".

After the item was recived by the buyer, he called me to let me know he wanted his money back because he intercooler look to big and that he didnt think it will fit his car. ( the intercooler is a new Procharger unit as stated in the add for a 05 and up vette)

I knew a problem had developed.
I told him that we could talk to procharger over the phone together , but he never agreed to that action.

Eventually he filed a claim, and paypal told him that he had to get mechanic to say that the item dosnt fit.
Well thats what he did and they awarded his money back to him as long as he paid to ship the item back.

I couldnt use my paypal account to send or recieve money for over a month. I lost out on money and items that i wanted to buy but couldnt.
All because a guy was in such of a hurry to jump on a good deal that he over looked a few things such as cost to finish the build. Now i have to try to resale the item and wait another few days to get my item back.

I called paypal to verify why they sided with the seller and they told me "because their policy was to get the buyer to prove that the item was not as claimed by a approved mechanic or body shop. The buyer did that in the allowed time (about 14days).

The problem with that is, that Procharger makes the intercooler and they said that it will fit. But he goes and get a friend or realitive ( I am assuming, becasuse if it was procharger they would have told him it fits) who is a mechanic to say the item doesn't fit and he wins because he did exactly what he ask.

I asked what i can do to protect myself in the future and they told me that there is nothing that i could have done in this situation (i.e. forums) to protect myself from a buyer that says there is something wrong with the item.
Old 01-26-2012, 06:55 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow that's some bullshit right there! paypal SHOULD have told HIM he made the mistake in purchasing it, it's his responsibility to resell the item! that's not my opinion, that's a FACT! if you were a registered business, i could see that but then you would've likely been able to tell him if it would fit or not and this wouldn't have happened to begin with.

on another note, i wonder if you could have gotten procharger to step in and verify it would fit his vehicle. sorry to hear this BUT at least it's not a case of him getting to keep it and get a refund or being a total scam which is what i first thought i was gonna read about.

GL with the resale!
Old 01-26-2012, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

exactly! My thoughts.
had i been a buiness it would have been diffrent.
Had the guy bought the item from me locally or at trade show or out the paper etc , he would have know not to even ask for his money back.
People abuse paypal.

I have a email from procharger saying the intercooler does fit his car. Paypal would not take it.

Last edited by zmonsterjb; 01-26-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Turd Gen Guy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whats this guys name/address so I can ship him his stupid **** award. Payapl can be a hassle sometimes but for the most part they do pretty good about helping people.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

All I have to say is screw payapl and ebay. They will side with the buyer no matter what anymore. You could have all the proof you need and they will still side with the buyer.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Launching!

I hear your point but in reality its still the best safest way to send money. there are plenty of jack hole sellers that would screw people if not for something like paypal. In the end its tough for them to know if that guys is lying, but they can just force a refund and make him send the parts back for the least amount of damage. what if it were your fault part and the damn thing really was defective? I once bought an engine installed that weekend and it was knocking and had crank damage. I would have bee pissed if Paypal would not have worked with me. I had to tow the car to a ASE shop have them check it out and confirm the damage. Pain in the *** on my part but with out paypal I would have been assed out, cause the seller didn't want to do anything. Its a necessary evil IMO.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:48 PM
9 Second Club

it's not the same as buying a part and basically changing your mind as seems the case with here. but yes, i would agree with the rest.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

You are in the right, 100%.
But the case could not have went any other way. Paypals "kangaroo" court almost always decides in favor to the buyer, its just how it is. I bet he didn't even need to go to the mechanic to prove anything, they still would have sided with him. He could of said " its not what I ordered" and they would of taken his side.

If they dont, then they risk the buyer filing a claim with their credit card company, meaning they will remove the money from Paypal. Paypal cannot and will not loose money on any deals, thats a fact. So they always will make their decision based in a way that they do not end up losing money. Its just how it is..Wish there was a better alternative, but there really isn't. Everyone has paypal.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

agreed
lol I cant give you his adress man! Not out to hurt anyone, just trying too see if i am the only one to experience this.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Google checkout/wallet is what I use now. **** Paypal and their bs.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

if you have a credit card then use that,especially on big ticket items,CC companies will always take better care of their customers
Old 01-26-2012, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

i agree on the credit card with paypal, but a credit card still does not protect us sellers!

There is know argument here. The item fits his car as per Procharger website/ techline etc... i called all and provided all to paypal.

Time to start looking for other options
Old 02-01-2012, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Same thing happen with these rods.

Gilbert Luckel of Petal MS. (TinSecondRice) Bought these rods from me. Once he got the rods he said that they are damaged. And threaten to use paypal to get his money back. I called paypal to see if i could file a claim aginst him and they basically said no! Eventhough now I have the rods in my possesion and I can go too a machinest to verify the condition of the rods.

Sellers Beware! Use another method of payment.
There is nothing wrong with the rods.....
look at the pics

was shipped like this
Old 02-01-2012, 09:20 PM
Launching!

I just went through this with a dick head on ebay. He had a 99-02 fbody harness and when I got it, it was a damn 98 harness with broke pin protectors, missing alt plug, missing injector clips, etc. it took 3 weeks to get it, then he was gonna give me my money back....never did so I filed a claim with ebay and they gave me a prepaid shipping label...I mailed the **** back Monday and the money was back in paypal today. It is sometimes a good thing.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

I've been through this also , it's totally unfair
Old 02-02-2012, 02:54 AM
TECH Addict

Its so easy, you are buying " a car tire"

"But I own a truck..." you know how to read right?
Old 02-02-2012, 07:13 AM
MASS seller approved

ya paypal is tired of being abused so they starting being this way recently it was not like this 2-3 years ago.

what do we pay the 3.9% for?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What if you send the request for money through paypal, and you put in the notes the manufacturer and part number so they know EXACTLY what they're paying for. Or have the buy put that in their notes when they send you the money. I would think if that happened, there would be no way PayPal could say he didn't get what he paid for.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

man that sounds like a good idea, but i am not willing to even take a chance with pp anymore. Especially since the item i was selling that the buyer claimed didnt fit, I called the manufactor and had them email paypal a copy of them saying that it would fit and what the buyer had to do to make it fit. Then PP still refunded him his money and they did it before i even got my money back.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I understand that, I've only dealt with small ticket items. I'm too much of a chicken to do big thousand dollar transactions over the internet. But if I ever did and something went south with the deal I'd never deal with them again.

Someone mentioned the Google alternative, I wonder if that's any better?