Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

LS3 vs BBC for TT set up

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 02:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question LS3 vs BBC for TT set up

I know this is the LS forums but I have seen LSX vs BBC discussions here a few times. I would be curious to see which platform you guys think better support a Forced Induction application. My father started a turbocharging shop almost 40 years ago using turbo's off aircraft and putting them in anything from boats to kit cars. For my 16th Bday (I'm 36 now, so 20 years ago) he gave me a 67 El- Camino with a SBC Twin Turbo draw through set up no waste gates. I have a wall of broken parts from that car, but man it was fun. He recently passed and I'm rebuilding the car in his honor. Was gonna do a TT BBC or TT LS3. I have a line on both motors right now. Very nicely Built 502 BB ready for boost with Built TH400 tranny for $4500 10K miles or a Fully Built 9.5:1 Complete LS3 engine from harness to radiator for $5750 8k miles. Going Aftermarket EFI on whichever one I choose. I've been a German Porsche guy most of my life and had the El - Co in storage for years. But its time to get it back in the game. Any thought or opinions would be great. New to the LS world so go easy.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are your goals for the project? If its a straight line car,go BBC hands down, if you are doing a pro touring build is go ls3, either way they will make plenty of power, if you plan to make a ton of power the BBC will be easier on parts. (1000+) what heads are on the BBC?

Quick Reply: LS3 vs BBC for TT set up