Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Performance heads

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patriot Performance heads

Per request of PSJ i started my own thread.

With all these results from sponsors running great times with their heads, how is it I paid good money for a set and had issues with them. The valve job looked like a Helen Keller setup. We (HPE of Dallas now) tested them with food coloring and some rubbing alcohol and WOW the alcohol leaked OUT in all chambers in a matter of seconds. I sent them back to Patriot only to get another JUNK *** set of heads. Same issue. We (Now HPE of Dallas) had a local guy do a valve job for us to get them to seal up in hopes of making somewhat decent power.

Guess what? The heads are (you guessed it)are not making any power. This is a nitrous build up motor that makes way less than a buddies cam only setup with stock heads does through a t400 and a 9". Just because its a nitrous setup doesnt mean it cant make power NA, BTW. I believe Patriot was even given the specs on the cam shaft to port a set of heads to match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic98Z
agreed! Also, I believe if you will do a little reading around, you should find this issue as since been resolved. There are posts dating as far back as December be Terry (?) from Patriot explaining the valve seals issue and how they have switched over to a new type.....

As far as your comment is concerned, THESE HEADS WERE RECENTLY PURCHASED FROM PATRIOT! BTW, we arent talking about VALVE SEALS.....its the VALVES ability to seal and seat completely. Id like to keep this thread open as this is NOT the only two sets out there. HPE of Dallas (Formerly MMT) also received a bunk *** seat of heads as well for a customers car but we wont get into that.

Patriot, What seems to be the problem on why you cant build a set of heads worth a flip????? Is it the cheap labor you pay your guys or what?

Mike
Old 03-18-2004, 01:56 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

What did PP say when you talked to them?
Old 03-18-2004, 02:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

first your buddy owned them and now you own them??

hmmmmmm

do these heads even exist???
Old 03-18-2004, 02:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tally TransAm

hmmmmmm

Here's a post from yesterday.. says he has stock heads there. Maybe he bought them and gave them to his friend

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....3&postcount=10
Old 03-18-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

"We (HPE of Dallas now) tested them with food coloring and some rubbing alcohol and WOW the alcohol leaked OUT in all chambers in a matter of seconds. I sent them back to Patriot only to get another JUNK *** set of heads. Same issue. We (Now HPE of Dallas) had a local guy do a valve job for us to get them to seal up in hopes of making somewhat decent power"

It clearly states in the Announcement at the top of the board that shops should flame other shops. Apparently mike works at HPE. I have known Erik for awhile, I can't believe he would allow this type of post. Erik is a stand up guy.

Chris
Old 03-18-2004, 02:26 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

He posted here, and I suggested he start a different discussion:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=149808&page=2
Old 03-18-2004, 02:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

I hope this is the owner of the heads posting and not the same guy as before.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

This has aready been discussed with the original owner.You are not the original owner.If the original owner has a problem,they can call me.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lets just say that these heads were bought from the original ownder so I could post this message Why should I send these heads back to you when obviously you couldnt make them right the first time. What is truly in it for me to know that they will be done absolutley right this THIRD time around, Terry.

PSJ, He said the same thing he posted here. Whats the purpose of sending them back now a second time and having the risk of them come back to me/us a 3rd time in the same shape? You get my point?

For whom it may concern, I DO NOT work for HPE of Dallas. It was formerly known as MMT and this was all done before HPE took ownership, which technically isnt final yet. This is simply for the naysayers of Erik and his crew saying that they would allow a post like this. Im a very close friend of Sean and Sam and they allowed me/my friend to test the heads for sealing when we looked at them after i showed them the heads.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:58 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Per request of PSJ i started my own thread.

With all these results from sponsors running great times with their heads, how is it I paid good money for a set and had issues with them.
Mike

The good results from the shootout were not the $1295 heads (which are an excellent bang for the buck, I'm about to buy some for my bro's T/A as a gift), they are the $2299 TSP race series heads, we buy the heads from PP in the rough cut stage and have them hand finished ourselves locally to our specs, because of time constraints Terry did the first couple of heads. Now if you want to pay an extra $1004 you can have the same heads we ran on the 2 fastest H/C cars at the LS1tech shootout. If you don't have race style heads, how can you expect racing-head performance?
Old 03-18-2004, 02:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tally TransAm

hmmmmmm

I still do have stock heads on my car. yes these heads exist and im sorry that your parents dropped you on your head.

Mike
Old 03-18-2004, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

ummm...I think we can expect a lot of these types of replies...

Get your story straight, and make some sense.
"My cousin's nieghbor's dog watcher knew a guy whose sister was dating a guy, who had a brother with PP heads, and someone told him they sucked, so somehow, I got them."
Also, don't say "WE" if you are NOT a part of "we" If I were the shop owner, I would bitch-slap for defaming them before they can even get started. If you represent them in any way, they will NEVER see a dime of my money.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by gomer
Here's a post from yesterday.. says he has stock heads there. Maybe he bought them and gave them to his friend

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....3&postcount=10
Maybe you are tool as well. Know whats going on before you make A_S_Sumptions. You're just making yourself look like an ***.

Now back to the discussion.

Terry,

Why should i send you these heads back? Tell us why they are not sealin as well. Is this a quality control issue? EXPLAIN in front of everyone why Patriot has sent out 2 sets of BUNK heads. I can talk to you on the phone til i turn blue but that doesnt inform everyone here of whats going on now does it?

Mike
Old 03-18-2004, 03:03 PM
TECH Junkie

I still do have stock heads on my car. yes these heads exist and im sorry that your parents dropped you on your head.

Mike
oh that was funny, you hurt my feelings and im gonna go hang myself now

let me get this straight. you have stock heads, you make a post concerning your buddy's pp heads which you say have a problem. this post is against the rules so it gets locked and you start another one where "lets just say" they were your heads

way to try and get around the rules

smells like bull to me

[miss cleo] i foresee 2 for 2 on locking your patriot thread coming shortly [/miss cleo]
Old 03-18-2004, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lets just say that these heads were bought from the original ownder so I could post this message Why should I send these heads back to you when obviously you couldnt make them right the first time. What is truly in it for me to know that they will be done absolutley right this THIRD time around, Terry.

PSJ, He said the same thing he posted here. Whats the purpose of sending them back now a second time and having the risk of them come back to me/us a 3rd time in the same shape? You get my point?

For whom it may concern, I DO NOT work for HPE of Dallas. It was formerly known as MMT and this was all done before HPE took ownership, which technically isnt final yet. This is simply for the naysayers of Erik and his crew saying that they would allow a post like this. Im a very close friend of Sean and Sam and they allowed me/my friend to test the heads for sealing when we looked at them after i showed them the heads.

If you bought the heads from Craig,then you have no problem with Patriot.Craig was the person that I have talked with about his purchase.Craig was the original owner.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You're just making yourself look like an ***.
I would say alot of things, but the only one looking like an *** is you. Your thread will lock itself.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:15 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Mike if you own these heads, from this Craig guy, please call Terry.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe you are tool as well. Know whats going on before you make A_S_Sumptions. You're just making yourself look like an ***.

Now back to the discussion.

Terry,

Why should i send you these heads back? Tell us why they are not sealin as well. Is this a quality control issue? EXPLAIN in front of everyone why Patriot has sent out 2 sets of BUNK heads. I can talk to you on the phone til i turn blue but that doesnt inform everyone here of whats going on now does it?

Mike
Mike,
If you have a problem with the heads,send them back.I will make sure they are correct,FREE of charge.I will also send you a new set of head gaskets.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:21 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Excellent.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:24 PM
TECH Junkie

terry i really admire you for dealing with customers the way you do, im not sure i could do it, there are some people i would just want to tell to f-off