Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 06:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Exhaust

I'm looking for a cat-back exhaust to buy for my 2001 Camaro SS. I've been to www.ls1sounds.com to hear all the different kinds of exhuast out there. I am looking for a tough sounding exhaust because the exhaust i have now sounds like a kitty. So i'm looking at Borla's 3'' adjs. cat-back exhuast. Just wanted to know if that one's good (It should it cost $670.00) or is there a better sounding exhaust. (I'm not looking for the NASCAR style stright pipe sound but i do want to drown out those riceburner type style exhaust ie. honda's... ect...)

-Mastronardi

2001 Camaro SS-M6
Sorry no mods yet just bought
Old 03-18-2004, 06:40 PM
TECH Resident

If you're looking to spend that on Borla. For a little more you might as well get the best. Get a GMMG. IMO. http://www.gmmginc.net/html/chamberedexhaust.html

Nothings wrong w/ a Borla, im just basing that off of price.
Old 03-18-2004, 07:34 PM
Banned

Go with the rumbler. It sounds great even if you have an off road setup.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea deffinatly go w/ GMMG if you want to spend that much. Now no the other hand, i have just the cat back SLP loudmouth and i love it. Not defening loud but not quiet at all. Its a mean sounding exhaust.
Old 03-18-2004, 08:14 PM
12 Second Club

depends what your doing...stock exhaust manifolds...and running cats...go LOUDMOUTH...its MEAN AS HELL!!!...now...if your going for off road setup...go GMMG...and if your not...well GMMG and Borla are both nice....borla can have the sound be adjusted whihc ive found to be pimp A**!!! so id say borla or GMMG tho...more opportunities for POWER