Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuttering mid to high RPMs @ WOT

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 07:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuttering mid to high RPMs @ WOT

Hello fellow enthusiasts, Just a Little info i have a 2000 Trans am M6 i just recently installed a MS4 cam, PRC 215 heads, FAST 102 intake, FAST 92mm throttle body, FAST 42lbs green injector, 85 mm TRUCK MAF, SLP lid, slp harmonic balancer, Racetronix fuel pump and hot wire kit and texas speed mail order tune i had them remove the AIR and EGR and delete the rear o2s i have no cats. the idle is a little off and im sure i just need to get tuned a little bitter and have the throttle body adjusted better, my main problem is when i cruise around and accelerate normally everything is fine but as soon as i really get on it and the rpms get to about 4500 and climb the car starts to stutter off and on as it climbs to red line so my question is do i just need to get a dyno tune to fix this or could air be leaking in the intake manifold? the manifold looks good ive sprayed carb cleaner all around to hear for a rpm change but did not hear anything and the vacuum lines look good as well any help is appreciated

Thanks,
Brandon
Old 01-31-2012, 08:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Without a wideband and logging software to verify fueling and timing at WOT, there's no telling what's going on in your engine and you might as well be pissing in the wind.

Get it scanned, or get a real tune (whether that be on the street or dyno) with a proper scan.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You need a tune with that many mods.

Quick Reply: Stuttering mid to high RPMs @ WOT