Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

newbie.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie.

Hellow fellow members.

New to LS motors but been in the car scene for a long time. Also have spent **** loads of bucks on different brand of cars I know you all did. All of my cars were and still are imports. The good part is I started with a turbo DSM instead of a 95 civic.

95 GSX 410whp
98 Eagle Talon 580whp
Both cars sold.

Current car is 1994 800+whp Supra. 78mm turbo, 1800cc inj, AEMV2
Daily drivers are TRD crew max Tundra and 01 IS300

I have been itching a Chevy V8 equipped car for a long time. I was looking into a 4d car specifically. Test drove G8 but the stealership wanted $25k for an 08G8GTwith 56K miles, and it had minimum options.

My lexus IS300 have 198K miles on it. car is in A1 mechanical condition. Interior is super clean as well. Exterior have regular wear and tear.

So a week ago lightning struck me, My brain nerves start tickling and an idea popped up of an LS2 swap IS300. most of the I6 community will argue on a boosted 2JZGE motor over a V8. My answer will be how many boosted IS300out there compare to an LS swap IS300s. History shows that these motors have tremendous capabilities, reliability and mods friendly is A+. So far plan is to go with a stock LS2 block, built head and ofcourse a bad *** cam and what ever goes with it. not sure on the tranny yet.

I'll be needing advice on after market parts for head work.

Before you ask for the Supra pics here are some.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice supra! I am planning an is300 swap myself. Don't have the car yet but I am I the middle of building my engine right now. Have you made any progress on the LS2?