Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

LED replacement for TA tail lights?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default LED replacement for TA tail lights?

Has anybody replaced the tail light standard bulbs with LEDs? Is it plug and go or would there have to be other changes as well to make them work. Is it worth it as far as brightness goes?
Old 02-02-2012, 10:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They sell LED "tower" style 3457 bulbs in a lot of places and they are direct replacements for the stock bulbs and will work fine, brightness overall goes down a little bit if you run LED units but nothing out of this world, braking can still be seen fine in the daytime so you wont have a problem getting pulled over or getting rearended by a Mack truck (which is what i was worried about when i put LED's in mine). The LED bulbs in the brake lights have better "response time", theyre "crispier" and they can definitely be noticed by people who know the difference between regular bulbs and LED's. Most people will not notice unless you point it out however, so its all up to you. I replaced them all in the rear including the 194 bulbs with LED's and theyve been working great for me. Good luck and hope this helps
Old 02-02-2012, 10:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Great info, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Quick Reply: LED replacement for TA tail lights?