View Full Version : Currie Enterprises? Got some questions

1C3 MAN
02-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Anyone ever used a currie Enterprises 12bolt rear end for a fbody?

i have a chance to get a brand new one for a really good price but i cant seem to find ANYTHING about their 12 bolts.

It has their 33 spline axles and an Eaton Posi unit with it also a aluminum diff cover.

so anyone use them? if so please give me your thoughts because all i can find are Strange or Moser 12 bolts for fbody's

StraightTimeStirrups
02-07-2012, 05:37 PM
In my opinion, you have to look at the quality of their housing and axles. They have a great rep in the off road world so I don't see an issue but you have to define a "Great Price". I personally don't see a good reason to get a 12 Bolt over getting a 9"rear or S60 (my choice) just waiting on a few details to get my order in.

Joe

1C3 MAN
02-08-2012, 03:02 AM
Well that's kind of what i'm asking. How is their quality?
Because i can't find anything on their fbody rear ends only the off-road stuff.

And by a good price i'm talking around 1200.00. Its brand new just been sitting in a shop for a couple years as a display unit. And i there's no way i can come close to a 9inch or a s60 for that price. Last time i priced out a 9 inch it was over 3k.

spook99maro
02-08-2012, 05:54 PM
I have a currie 9" housing in mine with 25k on it and 6000 rpm launches. It has a locker, strange center, and strange axles. Never any problems with it.

90fbird
02-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Spook, I'm interested in this rear and would like to pick your head a bit with a few questions:
what does the torque arm mount look like on this rear end?
How is clearance, and what ride height is your car at?
What brakes are you running?