Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

2 Step Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2 Step Tuning

I posted this on my local forum, but haven't gotten any response.

I got to go out and play with my 2 step last night. Seems to be working pretty good, found out that since the area's of the VE table I hit in the 2 step are never hit otherwise they were way out of tune (very lean).

My question is:

Since there are area's of the VE table and the timing table that I can only hit while on the 2 step (like 3.2k rpm @ 150kpa on the VE table or 1.0grms of cyl air mass @ 3.2k rpm on the timing table), how should I tune those areas.

I have heard you want to tune it rich and low timing as this helps build more boost. What kind of AFR and total timing is ideal. On a side note, can the AFR numbers on the 2 step really be trusted since you are cutting spark and still fueling or does most of that burn up in the turbine?

Oh, and I was able to build around 7psi @ 3.2-3.3k rpm on the foot brake @ 100%tps, should be able to jack the 2 step up a little and hopefully with some tuning get a little more boost out of it out of the hole. AFR was around 12.5:1 and timing was around 20* @ 7psi on the 2 step.

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2012, 10:34 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen Phill say that you want to lean things out on the 2 step. like high 12s for AFR Also add more timing there. Fireball also told me when tuning your 2 step set the 2 step higher then what you plan on having the 2 step at and tune that area when you are not actuall on the 2 step function
Old 02-07-2012, 11:18 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats what I remember too leaner with more timing..

Quick Reply: 2 Step Tuning