Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

2000 Z28 Driver's Door Panel & Horn Issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Z28 Driver's Door Panel & Horn Issues

This is a strange one for me, I have been doing some research and finding this is supposedly a common issue but have no answer of what may be wrong.

On the driver door I can control the passenger door window and mirror but the driver's door neither the mirror or window will work with the switches. At first I assumed bad window motor up until I discovered that mirror isn't working either, my next assumption was that it was the power going to the door but why would the passenger door work when using the switch on the driver side?

As said I've found this is a common issue but I don't even know where to start with searching for the problem. I did check fuses and they are all good, not only did I pull the fuses but I tested them with a light.

Thats basically it for the window, the horn on the other hand I assume it's either bad or disconnected. I actually just got the car so I'm not entirely sure yet. But I checked the fuses in the box under the hood as well as I tested the relays and all are good, when I hit the lock button the car I can hear the horn relay click twice and if I hit the button once the car is locked it clicks once for each hit. I will be checking horn cables further tomorrow morning but I'm more concerned about the controls not controlling the driver's door but can control the passenger's door. Seems kind of awkward to me since most cars I've worked with have used the same relays and fuses for both or all doors, I have no doubt of a bad window motor but again why would the mirror do the same but not on the passenger door.

Can someone be able to point me in the right direction here? Any help is well appreciated.

Quick Reply: 2000 Z28 Driver's Door Panel & Horn Issues