Sponsored by:

Tuned by frost

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tuned by frost

tried to PM you. your inbox is full.

i looked on your site and saw a mail order was 150 for bolt on tune and 100+ for a new replacement pcm. i would like a new pcm sent to me with a bolton tune to just really remove my rear o2s and AIR. and thats the only thing i need tuned out. mods are LTs and a magnaflow catback. tuning out the rear o2s does what exactly? tells the fronts the the "cats" are functioning perfect and in turn will help fix my 150miles/tank right? i know no rear o2s will throw a code and your tune will fix that code. idk if i should mess with anything else in the tuning since its bone stock. any suggestions on if should change anything would be great.

01 z28 with 98ls1 in it. (806 heads and egr equipped manifold) auto. gears im not sure.

for the replacement pcm and tune would it just combine the two for 250ish+ or is there like a package deal for getting both?

thanks, byron.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think there are any package deals. He is rediculously busy always just FYI. If you want to get a hold of him EMAIL him. Thats almost the only way to get a hold of him. There is also a form on his site somewhere that you fill out telling him all of your mods that you send to him and he will calibrate your pcm per your info. Good luck.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have the form filled out with what mods the car has. Do you think it's worth the 150 just to tune out rear o2s and AIR??
Old 02-08-2012, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you tell him you have LTs he will do more than just tune out the o2 and AIR. I recently has mine tuned with the same mods as you and it made a big difference on how it felt. For what he does I would say 150 is worth it. I am about to ship mine back out for my free retune because I just bought an LS6 intake.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Alright. Thank you. I emailed him and will have a frost tune soon.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just took my ECM out tonight to ship to FROST tomorrow
Old 02-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Launching!

Anyone know if he sends tunes via email? I already have HPTuners and have done minimal tuning on my car for the bolt ons but would like to have him tune my FI setup. If possible it would be easier for me to not send out my ecm.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by 607motorsports
Anyone know if he sends tunes via email? I already have HPTuners and have done minimal tuning on my car for the bolt ons but would like to have him tune my FI setup. If possible it would be easier for me to not send out my ecm.
If you have EFI Live or HPTuners, he'll send you a tune through email.

You have to do datalogging for him and send it through him 2-3 times.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bene
If you have EFI Live or HPTuners, he'll send you a tune through email.

You have to do datalogging for him and send it through him 2-3 times.
Thanks for the FYI on this man that is what I was hoping for. I already have my PCM unlocked and have done bolt on tuning so that would be easiest and fastest for me. I will try to get in contact with him again but i've left him a few emails now without a response
Old 02-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by 607motorsports
Thanks for the FYI on this man that is what I was hoping for. I already have my PCM unlocked and have done bolt on tuning so that would be easiest and fastest for me. I will try to get in contact with him again but i've left him a few emails now without a response
Give him some time. He is only one man shop as far as tuning goes. What I learned from him from being his previous customer is he does take his time on his mail tunes. I had his bolt on tune and it was spot on.

Quick Reply: Tuned by frost