PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PO102, PO117, PO135, PO155, P1114 all at once?

Old 02-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PO102, PO117, PO135, PO155, P1114 all at once?

I have a LS1/4L60 in a 63 chevy c10 truck. The truck has been running awesome for the last few months, No issues with anything. Over the last few weeks the truck has been down while I swapped out the heater core, added a sending unit in pass head for coolant sensor, and added a oil pressure gauge. The ECM is located above the heater core and I did disconnect the ECM to R&R the core and I have since verified the cables are all connected and nothing is loose.

Anyways, Once I put it all back together the truck fired right up as usual and I went for a nice 35 minute drive and on the way back it started running horrible out of no where. While holding the RPM steady at 3000 rpm the lockup will constantly engage and disengage and the truck acts like it's misfiring and the fan is constantly running on high. I did park the truck at the gas station and when I went to start it back up it just cranked and wouldn't fire up ( usually it fires up instantly ) ... In order to get the truck to start I had to keep the gas pedal floored and crank it over for about 7 seconds until it started up and then I was able to get it home.

This morning I checked the codes and to my surprise there were a few of them... PO102, PO117, PO135, PO155, P1114.. I checked to verify nothing is touching or melted on my headers, I verified all of the fuses are still good, Verified the CLT and MAF are plugged in, etc. I'm sure it has something to do with my heater core swap since the ECM was in the same general area but nothing jumps out at me as being pinched or loose and all of my fuses are in tact.

My main question is: Is there anything at all related between these codes that will help me narrow down the problem area? Such as a common ground, common power, common spot in the harness or connector? I feel like these codes are all somehow linked to the same issue and if I find this main issue they will all go away. The truck ran absolutely perfect before the heater core swap, oil gauge & coolant gauge. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

nathan

Last edited by nesluopetan; 02-11-2012 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check your ecm ground at rear of the engine. Bad grounds are usually the most overlooked part of any electrical problems.
Also these sensors are usually spiced together in the rear section of most factory harnesses. Upon repairing your heater core you may have opened up a marginal spice or loosened up your connection at the block.Run a separate wire from the battery negative to the ecm ground to see if this helps.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay, Will do. Maybe I accidentally disconnected a wire in the harness or loosened the ground area behind the head when I leaned over the engine to hook up the oil sending unit. I believe if I find one problem and fix it everything else will start working like it should. To have no codes and a perfect running truck a few weeks ago to what it is now can't be anything serious, Just tracing it and finding the problem might be the only challenge.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PO102, PO117, PO135, PO155, P1114 all at once?