Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

im starting to think twice...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 07:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im starting to think twice...

I got all my stainless steel 3 inch piping today and dropped it all off at the shop, they are going to let me use their piping bending materials. I had the car up earlier this morning just looking at it. and i'm really not feeling doing this. Would i benefit at all with the 2.5 inch y pipe just taking out the cats and putting a peice of pipe in its place?

I was originally going to fab up a 3 inch off road ypipe to get some more sound out of the lt's and hookers (with magnaflow cats it was quiet as **** anywhere below 3500 rpms but wicked above that) as well as a few extra ponies...but looking under the car and teh piping and the bender im second guessing if its really worth it.

what do you guys think?
Travis
Old 03-20-2004, 08:29 AM
Teching In

You would gain a little more back pressure which could help you gain a little more hp. I have 2.5 on my 69' and it sounds sick. Also depends on how much hp you have.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

331rwhp w/ out a tune w/ my current set up. I took out the bottle cause i wasn't sure if the cats and ypipe could handle the power made by the nitrous kit. I said **** it to making the y pipe ill save that for another afternoon. i just took out the cats and put in a peice of pipe for now.
thanks for the reply
Travis
Old 03-20-2004, 11:41 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A 3" Y-pipe is not a bad idea.
You would benefit from it.