Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Internal bore fuel rail

Old 02-13-2012, 07:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Internal bore fuel rail

I feel that the internal bore of a the fuel rails should be straight thur, with no obstructions. I received a set of new fuel rails today and when you look thur the bore it looks like the rail was drilled from one side and then drilled from the other side. In the middle of the rail there is a quarter moon off set. which I would think would cause fuel to be disturbed when flowing it may cause bubbles etc.

Was seeing if anyone else had any input on this. Would not like to post pics until the company returns my phone call
Old 02-14-2012, 08:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's weird since they are usually an extrusion and then machined. Usually that hole is already part of the extrusion and just tapped at the ends.
I went with Wilson Manifolds fuel rails. They had the largest hole 11/16th hole and threaded for AN-8 lines. If you measure a -6 fitting where the fitting goes into the hose and a -8 fitting you will see that the -8 fitting is .375 which is the same diameter of the stock fuel lines. I don't know why anyone would use a -6 because that would be a choke point.
Again that is just what I think. Everyone has an opinion, that is just mine.

Search this Thread