Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Noob from ohio

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob from ohio

Whats up guys, my names Jimmy. Been doing a lot of research and searching here so I figured why not make an intro thread. Recently picked up an 85 notchback fox body and am about 99.9999% sure its going to get an lsx.
Made the jump from imports back to domestics. Just parted out a 93 civic that made 392 whp 278 wtq at 19 psi. Had a blast with it but got tired of being slow!

Anyways here is a bit about the car I picked up

mildly built 302, has 10.1 comp pistons, mild cam, valvesprings blah blah, 700 cfm double pumper holley, 4.56 gears with a spool, 2500 stall, moser 31 spline axles, full lakewood drag suspension, subframe connectors, fuel cell in the trunk and battery.. and more im forgetting.....

I am currently trying to decide which route I am going to go. Pretty set on the 6.0 lq9/lq4 bottom end. But once I get into the heads is where I'm not to sure about. Debating on picking up the cnc ported ls3 heads from gm that are around 650 a piece. Not sure on a cam etc.... The motor will end up being a carb setup though.

Here's a few pics. The camaro is my buddies. Made 483 whp 454 wtq I believe.
Not sure of all the mods but its a heads/cam/fast intake and full bolt ons car plus a tune

Old 02-15-2012, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're buying new heads go LS3 they'll make a TON of power.