Headman Swap mounts Vs BRP Performance

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 06:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headman Swap mounts Vs BRP Performance

http://www.jegs.com/i/Hedman-Husler/...ductId=1218059

http://www.brphotrods.com/mm5/mercha...gory_Code=CNV4

Ok, getting all my parts together to do the swap into A 67 El - Camino and both these mount kits look decent. I heard the BRP's set the Engine back further is this true? The are over a $100 bucks less but I have no problem paying for superior fit. Thanks in advance
Old 02-16-2012, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the brp mounts in my 71, they fit good. I put in a lq4/4l80e combo, had no issues with the low ac mount or the ps pulley on the steering box. BUT, it does set the engine high an hood clearence was an issue, it just barley clears my cowl hood, and I had to raise the tranny tunnel to keep the tranny from hitting the floor.....I also used the lh8 oil pan. I wouldn't advise using it, hangs to low.... doing the similiar swap in my 66 now, with a 4l60e instead... I went with the hooker mounts,headers,pan setup.... But it opens up even different problems, stay tuned...
Good luck with yours....
Rick
Old 02-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flywheel
I used the brp mounts in my 71, they fit good. I put in a lq4/4l80e combo, had no issues with the low ac mount or the ps pulley on the steering box. BUT, it does set the engine high an hood clearence was an issue, it just barley clears my cowl hood, and I had to raise the tranny tunnel to keep the tranny from hitting the floor.....I also used the lh8 oil pan. I wouldn't advise using it, hangs to low.... doing the similiar swap in my 66 now, with a 4l60e instead... I went with the hooker mounts,headers,pan setup.... But it opens up even different problems, stay tuned...
Good luck with yours....
Rick
What intake were you using? Hopefully you didnt have clearance with the stock intake. I was planning on running the Holley hi rise. Let me know. You got any pictures of your swap?
Old 02-22-2012, 09:25 AM
TECH Resident

Look up Dirtydingo.com The adjustable ones are the shiz-nit.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

spent the last couple nites trying to set the 6.0l in my 66, useing the hooker mounts,headers...Wished I'd tried the Dirty DIngo adj ones now......Im just saying..........
Rick

Quick Reply: Headman Swap mounts Vs BRP Performance