Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

replacing DBW LS2 TB (with another LS2 TB)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing DBW LS2 TB (with another LS2 TB)

So it looks like i might be needing another TB, can i just swap in a new LS2 tb and im good to go or would i need to get the computer recalibrated for the new tb...

I have a question regarding trying to clean the TB aswell. Can i just try cleaning the TB with some TB cleaner solution and not have to worry about getting anything recalibrated...Yesterday I was researching abit and i cant seem to find the post but some guys were saying something about the throttle body with deposit buildup reads differently that a cleaned/new tb and the ecm will be off...

I really want to try to clean inside the TB first before ending up purchasing a new one..

Last edited by family-man; 02-15-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:46 PM
10 Second Club

just need to unhook your battery, then remove the old tb and install the new one. the battery needs to be disconnected for about 10 minutes. then reconnect it and start the car. the pcm should set its self up and learn the correct idle and all. clean the new tb while waiting for the 10 minutes to pass. done
Old 02-15-2012, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

i was planing on trying to clean my old TB first, before purchasing a new/used unit. Would i need a gasket when re-installing the TB?