Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adapting F-Body Clutch Master to GTO T-56

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adapting F-Body Clutch Master to GTO T-56

How does one adapt the large F-Body pressure line connector to the small GTO slave connector? New slave?

Thanks!

Larry
Attached Thumbnails Adapting F-Body Clutch Master to GTO T-56-img_4687-small.jpg  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need an f body slave cylinder

Sam
Old 02-16-2012, 08:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Either get a Fbody slave from Autozone for about $70.00 or if your gto slave is still good you can try and find someone with a junk Fbody slave maybe from a shop that does a lot of Fbody clutches and you can remove the roll pin and swap the Fbody fitting onto your GTO slave as they are otherwise identical. I am not sure if you can buy just the fitting itself.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Launching!

I have a brand new throwout bearing, on a used slave, minus spring ill sell ya for a good price?
Old 02-13-2013, 10:02 AM
Staging Lane

The GTO slave has a completely different angle on the mounting bracket than the F-body. The pitch was wrong and it hit way too high on the pedal. The throw was way off and the pedal only moved about 2 inches till bottom out. I had to switch to a F-body slave and knock the roll pin out to remove the line. My complete set-up was from a GTO.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kwkrat2
The GTO slave has a completely different angle on the mounting bracket than the F-body. The pitch was wrong and it hit way too high on the pedal. The throw was way off and the pedal only moved about 2 inches till bottom out. I had to switch to a F-body slave and knock the roll pin out to remove the line. My complete set-up was from a GTO.
Do you mean the master ?.. the Slave is mounted on the Trans...

For my Chevelle I used the template for the plate to mount it to the firewall/brake booster. If you can use that, you can adjust the angle by bending it to the right angle. You will also have to move the piviot point/bracket on the Pedal to get the 1" drive that the Master requires.

But not knowing what the GTO and your firewall/pedal setup is like, I'll defer to other.

Quick Reply: Adapting F-Body Clutch Master to GTO T-56