Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nx wiring is pissing me off!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 07:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default nx wiring is pissing me off!

OK, I've rewired this damn thing twice to no avail. It's really getting on my nerves. All I want to do is spray! GAH! OK here is what I have. My switch goes to a switched hot, a ground, and to the relay with the WOT switch in-line. The relay goes directly to the battery, to a ground, to the solenoids, and to the switch. The Window switch goes to a switched 12v source, a ground, the ground of the solenoids, and the tach. I've used 14-16ga wire everywhere except the wire going from the relay to the battery. It is 12ga. The lights on the switch work fine. When I rev the engine to above 3K rpms and hit the WOT switch, I hear the nitrous solenoid click but no fuel click. This is really driving me crazy. I just want to know if I have it wired up right. Please don't respond with a wiring diagram. I just need answers. I've used male and female disconnects. Do I need to solder? Check grounds? How is everyone else getting theirs to work? Please, HELP! Oh, and the relay and the window switch are under the dash.
Old 03-21-2004, 12:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just go over everything again with the diagram in front of you.mine works fine on both cars.be patient and take your time tracing everything.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:44 AM
9 Second Club

If one clicks, they both should. Your problem can be narrowed down to one of two wires, or the solenoid itself. Both solenoids shoud be connected to the green wire on the relay. the other one directly to ground. Are both solenoids using the same ground? When you supply power and ground directly to the fuel solenoid, does it click?

Last edited by Reboot; 03-24-2004 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a window switch. Shouldn't I ground the solenoids with the window switch?
Old 03-21-2004, 10:27 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you wire the window switch like a 4 cylender.(cut both the red and blue loop wires)
If so run a hot wire and check the solenoid.Maybe you have a bad one.
Dave
Old 03-22-2004, 07:06 AM
On The Tree

Your Window Switch grounds the Relay. Each soleniod should be powered from the relay and grounded to the chassis.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OK, got it. I'm going to fix the solenoids now. I fixed the window switch last night. Thanks for the help. I know the window switch works because I tested with a test light. Man, this is driving me crazy and I can't wait to spray it and see if its like everyone says.