Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

"New" Guy

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "New" Guy

I've lurked on here for yrs, but just made last yr. I picked up a 96 Z28 6M this past Wednesday and I figured it was time for a proper intro. I'm in the AF (10 yrs) and stationed up here at Dover AFB, DE. I've been into F-Bodies for as long as I can remember and I've got plenty of wrench time on them from friends cars. My "new" Z28 has some interior cosmetic issues & some flaking paint on the front bumper/hood/passenger side qp, but I picked the car up dirt cheap so I can't really be upset about it. Feel free to ask any questions you've got.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:56 AM
Staging Lane

Be sure to get some pics up of it so we can see your progress on it
Old 02-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Teching In

I plan on it. Actually trying to convince the wife to take some pictures of it for me today (she's a professional photographer) after I get the car cleaned up. While I'm thinking about it ... anyone know how to fix a driver's door that has some "sag" to it? My driver's side window has about a 1/2 inch gap (with the door closed) at the back side. The window is all the way up but there doesn't appear to be that much door "sag".
Old 02-18-2012, 11:18 PM
11 Second Club

Welcome to the site officially/properly. I lurked for a while too before signing up when I got my 02 z28. Glad to see more Delaware guys popping up on here. And we always love pics of cleaned up f-bodies.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:05 AM
Teching In

Are there any "meet & greets" up here? The last place I was involved in the car scene (Biloxi, MS) had a weekly thing at Sonic. I'd love to get together with some fellow F-Bodies. Also, are there any decent salvage yards around here? I'm needing a good bit of things that Chevy doesn't repo anymore and I'd rather have the factory stuff over some aftermarket stuff.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:06 PM
11 Second Club

I know some guys that have luck with Fitzgerald's Salvage in Lincoln, DE. But I'm not too sure about any other salvage yards.

And as far as meet and greets, I haven't heard of anything official in a while. Usually once the weather warms up there are small groups of mixed cars and trucks that meet at the Edgehill shopping center and Acme/Toys 'R Us lot in Dover at random on weekends.

Only semi-official thing coming soon on here that I know of is the Ocean City cruise in May. Gonna be plenty of guys from the forums here staying down there for the weekend. If you check the Eastern Members section I think they're trying to get a list going of where we'll hold some meets down there.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Teching In

I guess I'll have to trek down to Lincoln and see what I can find. It's looking more and more like I just need to find a "total'd" 98+ Z28 or SS in the papers/on craigslist to do what I really want to do, but we'll see.

I talked to the wife and she's down for the Ocean City cruise, so hopefully I'll get to meet some of the members. I'll go into the Eastern Members area and see if I can't get something started quarterly or something ... it's always nice to get together with like-minded people, haha.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:35 PM
11 Second Club

The *****official ocmd sping 2012***** thread is where the Ocean City cruise list and gathering information will be adding up as it gets closer.

And as for the locals here, there's probably at least a half dozen LSx/LTx guys around the Dover area, and plenty of other like minded car guys, lol it's just harder to get everyone organized for bigger meets. So a posted quarterly thing would be cool.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Figured I'd throw up a picture that the wife took for me down at the beach the other day when we went for a cruise.