Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harland sharp roller tip rockers????

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default harland sharp roller tip rockers????

im hearing these rocker arms are no good and your better off with stock??? and patriot gold dual valve springs arnt worth getting either?
Old 02-18-2012, 11:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've never had a problem with either.

Nothing is 100% indestructible, welcome to this hobby of ours.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Teching In

well im running HS rockers now and gold springs and pple are telling me to take them out asap before i strat wrecking ****....but they been in there for 8000 miles with 600rwhp so i dont know
Old 02-18-2012, 12:08 PM
12 Second Club

How are you making those 600 hp? F/I or n/a ?

8k miles wow I guess you've done good so we know those people are full of **** and you can prove it to them lol

BUT now you should pull them out and check for spring pressures OR I would just replace them for piece of mind. Or save for a set. Just my .2 bud
Old 02-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Teching In

ya as far as i know they are ok lol, i gotta pull them out and check them, im running a turbo also.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Teching In

im also running a forged 416 motor, with a cam very close to yours, 243/254-.638/.638-116, what springs and rocker are you using? i also have the trickfow heads
Old 02-18-2012, 10:18 PM
12 Second Club

I'm NA and I would not be able to run the patriot golds due to the LsR lobes. I went with comp 925's cause their spring pressures are really good.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

My hs rockers has been on for 50k or so with no problems. With that said my friend broke one @ about 30k. I did notice it mine seemed to run a little smoother at high rpm.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:13 PM
Teching In

Default Just Installed a Set of HS Non-Adjustable RR

I have 97 crate LS1 in my '72 Grand Prix. The '97 head uses the perimeter bolt valve covers. The instructions said to simply bolt them on. The Jegs info said they would fit under the valve covers. The latter part of the instructions spoke about possible clearance problems, valve cover spacers, etc. Anyway, I had to modify the rockers at the back on one side and remove the material above the roller tip to provide valve cover room. The problems areas shouldn't effect the overall strength and the rockers work well so far. However, had I known the whole story at the beginning, I wouldn't have bought'em. I did so due to the reports of the stock rockers coming apart and spreading needle bearings in the engine. There are no other modifications to the valve train and I don't push the car very hard, so I don't expect any problems.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've run 1.8:1 ratio Harland-Sharp rocker arms without issue.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speeddemon89
im hearing these rocker arms are no good and your better off with stock??? and patriot gold dual valve springs arnt worth getting either?
If youre spinning the motor up around 7000rpm I would avoid HS rockers. Theyre heavy on the nose and I had some of them break, twice, on me. Yes, the valvetrain geometry was correct. I also had the patriot gold springs since they came with my TFS heads. The springs dont have enough seat pressure for bigger cams and I saw valve float with them. My issues were solved once I went with Yella Terra rockers and Manley Nextek springs. On my current LS3, Im using PRC .675 springs with stock rockers. Im looking to upgrade the rocker trunions to the setup from CHE. They use bronze bushing with a steel shaft vs needle bearings, so no parts to fail.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Frnichols
I have 97 crate LS1 in my '72 Grand Prix. The '97 head uses the perimeter bolt valve covers. The instructions said to simply bolt them on. The Jegs info said they would fit under the valve covers. The latter part of the instructions spoke about possible clearance problems, valve cover spacers, etc. Anyway, I had to modify the rockers at the back on one side and remove the material above the roller tip to provide valve cover room. The problems areas shouldn't effect the overall strength and the rockers work well so far. However, had I known the whole story at the beginning, I wouldn't have bought'em. I did so due to the reports of the stock rockers coming apart and spreading needle bearings in the engine. There are no other modifications to the valve train and I don't push the car very hard, so I don't expect any problems.
True, though I grinded material off the valve cover for them to fit when I first got the HS. But, I would never take any material off a rocker. Even if its still strong material and design wise, it cant be good for balance and at high rpms the weight and force of that rocker arm going back and forth is tremendous.

Quick Reply: harland sharp roller tip rockers????