Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5spd - Stock / Runs Great

Old 02-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow 1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5spd - Stock / Runs Great

Year: 1991
Make: Eagle
Model: Talon
Price: $2600
Mileage: 158000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IA
Color: Beige
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

Straight to the point: I bought this car for a winter DD, because I thought I was going to ditch my other DD and buy a bike so I still wanted a fun car. Well that never happened and now I have a project car and two daily drivers. So I'd like to get this one moved out of the driveway.

The car itself is mechanically good with the only issues being a slight oil leak at the drain line, just needs a new $2 gasket which if I somehow end up putting enough miles on it to change the oil again I'll get the gasket on. It doesn't leak much at all though, not enough to bother with until an oil change.

ABS Light is on, on the dash due to having a non-ABS spindle in the front passenger side. ABS worked just fine prior to that, I never put an ABS on because I hate ABS as it is in these cars. Oil pressure gauge is inop.

The motor runs super smooth, it ALWAYS starts right up. Holds 22psi of vacuum at idle like a champ.

The engine bay is very nice and clean for 158k - honestly with how clean it is and how good the car runs I'd swear its been pulled and rebuilt at one point but who knows.

Now the main downside to this car and why its not listed for more: It has typical 1g rust on the front fenders where they meet the bumper and in front of rear wheel wells, passenger side is minor, driverside has more - see pictures.
Paint and all is in great shape aside from rust.

The car has all power options, the headlights work great, heat works incredible.
Nice sony xplod head unit with great speakers, sounds great. Has a sunroof - still have factory moon-roof which is pretty rare to find. Has original paneling over spare tire and the spare tire + OEM mitsubishi toolbag with all the tools still in it.

Interior is about 6/10 - overall good condition, drivers seat has a couple small slits on the seat and headliner droops a bit in the back.

The car is essentially stock excluding a 3" catback and 3" downpipe, 190lph fuel pump, K&N filter, some type of aftermarket clutch, and a boost gauge. Car is still running basically stock boost.

Recent maintenance:
12k miles ago: Headgasket/new valves/timing job
5k miles ago: new tie rod, rotors, brakes, spindle(non-abs)
2k miles ago: many new coolant lines/rad hose/thermostat/t-stat housing gaskets/seals.

Again this car runs and drives good, I'd trust it to go cross country.

Personally I see this car as a great DD if you want an AWD DSM. Thats why I bought it, it had a bit of rust and such so I wasn't scared to drive it in bad weather/gravel roads/etc but I still really never did since we never got bad weather and since my plans changed I never ended up driving it. It just sits most of the time, but always is a champ when I do drive it. I actually mainly use it for my road trips since its a better highway car than my N/T 1g.

And I'm sure it'd still make a good project, especially being as stock as it is.

Price is firm @ $2600
No trades

PM me if interested.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5spd - Stock / Runs Great