Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Cold air ideas

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Cold air ideas

I am not sure this is the best place for this.I am looking to have a dual inlet cold air setup on my LQ4 conversion.The car already has holes to each side to plumb to so I would like to use them.Space will be somewhat limited @ the inlet but plan on truck or LSXRT intake that is a little higher.I do not know how far the mas air needs to be from the throttle plate or if the later "card" style LS3?? style are any more forgiving.Listening to any and all ideas.I do not wish to change to speed density style though.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

This is what I did...

You could use a couple of these inline air filters with a T fitting at the throttle body.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

I saw your thread today,nice setup.A split version of that wold be sweet.My concern is MAF placement.Here is the basic configuration but not my car.
Attached Thumbnails Custom Cold air ideas-lsxrt-manifold-67-nova.jpg   Custom Cold air ideas-lsxrt.jpg  
Old 02-20-2012, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

404 - It is more inportant for the MAF to be in a straight section of the air flow.. I can see that if your wanting to run duel inlet.. most of the time I see them being joined just in front of the TB.. which well limit you from putting the MAF in a good section of straight air flow. You well most likely have some inconsistance MAF reading. S&P does make a setup that puts the MAF right in front of the TB. (five pin MAF ?).

Have you thought about and SD Tune and do away with the MAF ? just an option.. (MAF are great for street and Daily driving..)

BC

BTW... we are looking to setup the Friday night GTG at either DVC Plaza or Baja Fresh. I will be posting and email to the DL of emails that I have. Have you received any thing from me on the subject.. if not, PM me your email address.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:42 PM
On The Tree

here's your solution: Link to Dumbest Idea Ever...Ever!

But seriously...

I'm just thinking out loud here from a flowrate perspective. If you use two MAF's, theoretically you could install one in each inlet, plug in only one MAF into your computer and program your computer to double the MAF rate since it would be flowing through both inlets at the same rate. The other one would obviously be a "dummy" MAF only to keep the crossectional area the same on both inlets.

I've never programmed an ECM/PCM so I don't even know if the programming is feasible, but in theory the flowrates are correct.

I've seen dual throttle bodies on here, but not dual MAF's. I'm sure someone has done it before though. Good luck, I'm interested to see what you come up with.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NovaKid
What the **** is that thing? lol
Old 02-21-2012, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MasterTomos
What the **** is that thing? lol
Hahaha, Some retard with his supra... supra link
Old 02-21-2012, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NovaKid

But seriously...

I'm just thinking out loud here from a flowrate perspective. If you use two MAF's, theoretically you could install one in each inlet, plug in only one MAF into your computer and program your computer to double the MAF rate since it would be flowing through both inlets at the same rate. The other one would obviously be a "dummy" MAF only to keep the crossectional area the same on both inlets.

I've never programmed an ECM/PCM so I don't even know if the programming is feasible, but in theory the flowrates are correct.

I've seen dual throttle bodies on here, but not dual MAF's. I'm sure someone has done it before though. Good luck, I'm interested to see what you come up with.
Man that is exactly what I was looking for LOL

Some imports use dual MAF's and I have asked around but no luck.Spectre Performance has kind cool LSx conversion dual inlet systems available but requier SD to work.I cant get a picture from thier site but they are listed for 1st and 2nd gen Novas.

Quick Reply: Custom Cold air ideas