Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L33....how much is too much?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default L33....how much is too much?

I'll try to make a long story short....

I have an L33 with the following;

-Hand ported/flowbenched heads
- "5308" z06 cam
- ls6 intake
-Shorty headers

Due to lifter issues, I'm going to be tearing apart the top end again soon. I've been eyeballing the FAST intake, thinking that it might be a good time to upgrade.....along with replacing the stock throttle body.

Question: For this setup, how much is "too much" with regards to intake (fast 90?? Fast 102??).... I'm not really very familiar with the fast intakes. I have a 90mm throttle body sitting on a shelf, but would there be much of a benefit to going any bigger? I've also noticed while data logging that my injectors are going static at roughly 5800rpm currently. Obviously, I'm going to have to address that as well.

So, in summary.....what would be the optimum intake/tb combo for my current setup?

Thanks for any help, and for reading my ramblings here....
Old 02-24-2012, 07:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A FAST intake works great on 5.3Ls. You can bolt your 90mm TB onto the 102. You dont need any bigger than 90mm although a 102 mm wouldnt be to big, but you woulnt gain anymore power.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SweetS10V8
A FAST intake works great on 5.3Ls. You can bolt your 90mm TB onto the 102. You dont need any bigger than 90mm although a 102 mm wouldnt be to big, but you woulnt gain anymore power.
Any idea what type of gains could be expected on this setup?? If I'm going to drop the coin on a Fast 102, I'll spend the extra $$ and have it ported/smoothed...as well as the TB. I'm just trying to weigh the cost vs. benefits of doing all of it.

Thanks for the input.