Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New T/A owner in CT

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New T/A owner in CT

Hello everyone! Just picked up my '99 Trans AM 6spd (non-WS6) this week. This is my 3rd F-body, but first 4th gen.

I have wanted a T/A my whole life after hearing about my Dad's cars. Glad to finally have her sitting in the driveway!

I just have to work out a couple of things, mainly my front turn signals, emergency brake and rear pinion seal. I got a good deal because I offered to fix these myself instead of the dealer doing it.

I am hoping that the excellent tech on these boards can help me maintain my dream car!
Old 02-24-2012, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

I know what ya mean, man. My dad had 4 f-bodies when I was young and I've always wanted one. Finally got it for cheap and in the process of fixing it up as well.

For your turn signals, is it on but just not blinking? That was happening to mine until I replaced the flasher and that fixed it.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Staging Lane

For the turn signals, I pulled them out and they were both skunked. I will be replacing the sockets too once the snow melts outside (bulb swap didn't work, and the new bulbs don't seat quite right). Weird though, the arrows on the dash blink just fine, as if nothing is wrong. I'm thinking the last owner swapped the flasher unit from a thermal to an electronic one. Just my theory though. I will eventually put in LEDs, but not until I get a little money up.