Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front e-brake cable

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 09:45 AM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Front e-brake cable

Does anyone have a good source for where to buy a front e-brake cable? the single cable that runs from the lever to the splitter? Is there an adjustable one?

I've got the original cable for my 69 GTO and have an F-body disc conversion with their ebrake cables, but the original cable does not reach the splitter. Summit only has 120 full sets, so I'd prefer not to do that.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Jim
Old 02-25-2012, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes the local autoparts store; pep boys, advance, auto zone, etc, will have a small selection in the "help" <- usually the actual brand name on the package, section of the store. Other than that get a f-body one and adapt it.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I think there is one from a ford explorer that will work, though I forget the year. Perhaps someone else will know more, I'll be doing the same thing in a few days.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:44 AM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

ChuckD,
What'd you end up doing? I'm debating switching over to hand pull vs the stock foot e-brake.

Let me know
Jim
Old 03-07-2012, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I've been delayed by weather and the fedex guy, so nothing yet. If it doesn't rain tomorrow the plan is to get back under the car and make some measurements so I can hit the parts yard this weekend. I'd like a hand pull as it would free up room for a better speaker setup in the kick panel but for now (until I figure out what I'm doing for a console) I'm just going to leave it foot for simplicity's sake.