Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 ls swap in a 86 c10 ??????

Old 02-25-2012, 01:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 ls swap in a 86 c10 ??????

i have a 5.3 from a 2003 chevy avalanche i have the whole truck so any parts i need i can get. i will be installing the motor and trans 4l60e into my c10 but have several questions. my first question is i would like to install a ls6 intake on the 5.3 and need to know what all i need to do this. second question is who would everybody recommend to reflash the computer and do and re do the wiring harness. third question is i wanna use the stock gauges from my c10 what do i need to do for this any help would be great thanks
Old 02-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...silverado.html

Been done in a 4x4, so very similar.

I would suggest these guys if you use the vehicle harness (recommended)
http://www.lsx-harness.com/
Used the stock truck harness and he turned it into a peice of art, and did the ecm.

The Ls6 intake I'm not sure on however. From what I gather its a bolt on affair, but its something that must be accounted for in the ecm programming.

Stock gauges are easy. Voltmeter hooks up the same way any volt meter is, just needs 12v when key on.
Oil pressure is used by taking the old oil pressure sending unit and putting it on with an adapter, sold all over the internet.
Water temp is the tricky one. You can order an adapter for this as well through S+P, or cut your old one down to 12mm to fit the heads. Another option is to open up the cylinder head to fit the old temp sensor.

Speedo will be up to you. The ecm puts out a signal which works for electronic. However if you need manual speedo cable, you'll have to find a manual output for the 4l60. Not sure if one exists.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 5.3 ls swap in a 86 c10 ??????