Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

backfire and stumble issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default backfire and stumble issue

Ok guys i have a 240 sx witb an ls1 from a 2000 ta. Im runnings a rourque v3 cam, stage 3cnc 853 heads, longs tubes, intake and fast 36 lb injectors on it. I have a tuned by frost bench tune also. Here is my issue. When im in 5 and 6 the engine like quits then when i give it gas it slams its no an auto eithers its a t56 so it totally weird. P also it back fires rarly but i have dumps so when it does it uber loud and sounds like by car is gunna blow up or i got hit by something. Right now im running tr55 ngk plugs i was wondering if i need to run a colder stage like tr45s or something what u guys think it is.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like your part throttle tune needs to be touched up for your particular combo. Unfortunatly the only way for a tuner to get this dialed in perfect is for them to work with the car in person for a while. Sounds like Frost got you dialed in good for the WOT though if it hits hard when you floor it.

As far as the backfireing you may be able to tone that down some with a full exhaust out the back. Its weird how exhaust setups help out cars but my car would backfire sometimes when I had a pacesetter ORY, the day I switched over to a magnaflow syle Y merge the car ran much better.

Quick Reply: backfire and stumble issue