Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

wheel hop?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel hop?

On hard shifts above about 3500 rpm it sounds like something is bangin on the floor board. It only does it on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift and it happens as i let the clutch out and get back on the gas. I've heard that it could be wheel hop. How exactly can i tell and be sure that that's what it is?

My only mods are borla exaust, mti lid, bmr stb, and bmr sfc's.

Last edited by camaro99z; 03-22-2004 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by camaro99z
On hard shifts above about 3500 rpm it sounds like something is bangin on the floor board. It only does it on the 1-2 and 3-4 shift and it happens as i let the clutch out and get back on the gas. I've heard that it could be wheel hop. How exactly can i tell and be sure that that's what it is?

My only mods are borla exaust, mti lid, bmr stb, and bmr sfc's.
Chances are it is wheel hop....i have crazy wheel hop too. Basically should just feel and sound like the rear tires are literally bouncing off the ground instead of just spinning and smoking. I did my hmwk and from a lot of opinions, subframe connectors and lower control arms should help a lot. Good luck!
Old 03-22-2004, 08:08 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man. I've got sfc's already. I'll have to check into getting some lca's. I'm pretty sure thats what it is though because the tires won't spin at all going into 2nd. It just makes a loud thud.

Quick Reply: wheel hop?