Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

02 som ws6 m6

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 10:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 som ws6 m6

Year: 2002
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $10000
Mileage: 90000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): WV
Color: Orange
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

I hate to do it but I am putting my T/A up for sale. I bought it off of LS1tech not even two years ago. The only reason I am selling this car is to fix my other car, which has a cracked turbo, and I'm biting the bullet for a new turbo kit for it. I also have two kids now so... it's time it goes. I'd like to ask ahead of time to please leave any negative comments to yourselves about my listing. If you don't like it, you don't have to be here looking or buying it. I wont waste your time if you don't waste mine. The price is set right below KBB private party value for "fair" condition. Not to mention the money I have in good mods on the car that I'm not even taking into consideration with the asking price (over $2400 in the exhaust alone) The car was completely 100% bone stock until I bought it with 74,500 on the clock. (Has just under 90k now)

http://www.kbb.com/pontiac/firebird/...ue&anchor=true

Oil has been changed with full synthetic every 2500 miles since I've owned it. I have all the receipts to prove it. I also have a 6LE double din dash kit new in the box (vinyl wrapped) to put in I'd let go with it as well as a new t-top bar, and factory t-top covers which have never been put on. I will also include a budge car cover with it. I do not have the factory ram air lid anymore, or the factory exhaust manifolds and catback.

There is also an aftermarket clutch in the car. Its pretty stout. I'm not sure what brand it is, but its held up really nice. The pedal feel is pretty stiff compared to my friends Z-28, but you get used to it after a while. Mechanically the car runs great. AC blows cold. Cruise control works great, brakes are great, both window motors work pretty well. I changed them both when I bought the car about 10k miles ago. The key fob still works etc. I haven't had any problems with it at all. Car gets washed and waxed quite often. I also put new turn signal housings in and did the drill mod to them. They look 100% better than the original ones which had faded and cracked. No rips or tears in the seats either. Oil pressure is perfect, idles good, no cracks in the dash etc.

Free and clear title in hand.

I dont know the exact numbers but its a tan leather interior, t-tops, 6 spd, WS6 package SOM car. So it may not be super rare, but there weren't a TON of these made with tan interior.

Mod list: (All have less than 5k miles on them)

-MGW Shifter
-Strano Springs
-Skip Shift Eliminator
-20% tint all around
-EBC dimpled and slotted rotors
-Hawk HPS pads
-American Racing Headers 1 3/4" Longtubes
-ARH ORY
-Borla Catback
-UMI Adj. Panhard
-UMI LCA's
-UMI 2 point SFCs
-SLP Lid
-MSD Wires
-NGK Plugs
-Custom Paint
-New o2 sensors w/ extensions
-Factory LS6 intake
-!EGR
-!AIR

The flames aren't for everyone, but are fairly subtle and they only stand out when the sun hits them the right way. I have never been a big fan of flames on cars, but I really liked them on this for some reason when I saw them in person. You can't feel them in the paint at all either. Whoever laid them out and painted them did a good job with em.

I'll be completely honest. There are a few things that would need to eventually be worked out on this car. The driver's side door skin is separating from the door itself. I put some cheap adhesive in it and it held for a few weeks. I would think putting some high quality adhesive from a body shop like panel bond would hold up much better. But I would probably eventually just hang a new door on it and be done with it. You can see it in the second picture below if you really look. The passenger side headlight sometimes gets stuck on the front bumper cover, but will eventually come up with some persuasion. The car will also need new tires soon. So, its not absolutely perfect, but its still a good looking and fun and somewhat rare car, and I have taken these things into consideration with my asking price. I'll miss it when its gone but maybe one day I'll get another. Any questions feel free to ask me. I'm sure I forgot something. I'll post more pictures up tomorrow if I get a chance of the interior and engine bay. Car is extremely reliable. I'd drive it across the country with no worries! My name is Chris, and the car is located in Charleston, WV.

Please dont low ball me but I am open to reasonable offers. The pic below where the car is in the gravel was before the strano's.
Attached Thumbnails 02 som ws6 m6-imag0047.jpg   02 som ws6 m6-kristinas-81-.jpg   02 som ws6 m6-kristinas-82-.jpg   02 som ws6 m6-dsc00858-copy.jpg   02 som ws6 m6-dsc00873.jpg  

02 som ws6 m6-imag0001-copy.jpg   02 som ws6 m6-imag0003.jpg  

Last edited by Iwannagofast!; 02-27-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:20 PM
11 Second Club

Could you text me? 304-531-8405, thanks man.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:26 PM
On The Tree

Cell phone is dead atm. If you want, just call the house I'll PM you the number
Old 02-28-2012, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

Car is parked until it sells.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:15 AM
11 Second Club

I just want to add two things.. I think this SUCKS that your selling yours since we are the only ones around and I have seen this car out before.. its clean
Old 02-28-2012, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Yeah. I'm really upset about selling it. I've got a buyer lined up for today or tomorrow... I've never been this sad about seeing a car go. But you gotta do what you gotta do I guess. Two kids, 3 cars and a house... I can't mod them both like I'd like to be able to, and I just sunk a fortune in my STi

Last edited by Iwannagofast!; 02-28-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Sale pending
Old 02-28-2012, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lmk if the buyer backs out.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:04 PM
Launching!

4500 today! Glws Chris