Pick and Pull in DFW??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Pick and Pull in DFW??

Hey guys ... needing a good pick and pull place in DFW area. I am looking for body panels, mainly a good sail panel I can sand, prep, paint, and install to replace mine, so if y'all know any place that is reputable or good please give me a shout. Unless someone has one for sale then pm details. Thanks guys.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're just looking for a sail panel, I would check out 6LITEREATER. They're having a 20% off sale that ends tomorrow at midnight.

They have both carbon fiber and fiberglass.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check with Robbie (STS95T/A). He has a shop in Mansfield. I would be pretty surprised if he didn't have any.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Usually you can find stuff off loop 12 & jefferson @ awesome or there is a GM place but doesn't let you pick yourself. Robbie has a lot of stuff but he told me he is getting out of the business so he could have a limited selection available.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

there is a U-pull-it 1 mile west on Jefferson from loop 12. I was out there a week ago. Most of the cars out there had all of their body panels. They have both Camaro and TA's.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TruBloodTransAm
If you're just looking for a sail panel, I would check out 6LITEREATER. They're having a 20% off sale that ends tomorrow at midnight.

They have both carbon fiber and fiberglass.
Texass683 you just need to buy this.

You can't fix the sail panel it's has been tried by everyone under the sun and the bubble still come back. "I have tired too… thinking I might get this to work" NOPE it didn't!!!

If you do a search in the paint and body section you will find a lot of info on this.

Also hahahah have fun taken one off without damaging it ... bring some piano wire with you and take your time. If the car's 2000 and above walk away the glue is what causes the damage.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
Texass683 you just need to buy this.

You can't fix the sail panel it's has been tried by everyone under the sun and the bubble still come back. "I have tired too… thinking I might get this to work" NOPE it didn't!!!

If you do a search in the paint and body section you will find a lot of info on this.

Also hahahah have fun taken one off without damaging it ... bring some piano wire with you and take your time. If the car's 2000 and above walk away the glue is what causes the damage.

Yeah I have read all about it and know the headaches that can ensue, however mine is getting so bad that I need to replace it. That is really the reason I am looking for one at a pick and pull. If I damage it oh well, if it isnt perfect thats fine cause I'll be sanding it down and repainting it. There is a great write up in the paint and body section that details it out that I plan on following.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I mean really if you sand it down and repaint it, it will take awhile to come back. It wouldn't be an expensive job either.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mike96z
Robbie has a lot of stuff but he told me he is getting out of the business so he could have a limited selection available.
Him getting out of the business would definitely suck. I've bought several thousands of dollars worth of stuff from him in the last several years.

Last time I stopped by at his shop a couple of months ago he still had a whole lot of stuff there, though.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:37 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Texfinn
Him getting out of the business would definitely suck. I've bought several thousands of dollars worth of stuff from him in the last several years.

Last time I stopped by at his shop a couple of months ago he still had a whole lot of stuff there, though.
It's true. He is running an insurance agency now. He is getting out of the business of parting them out. Apparently, he has gotten some new information that is forcing him out. Sad to see... perhaps someone else will move in on this business.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:32 PM
10 Second Club

Theres a guy in Garland still parting out F-bodys.

Last edited by SSHAWK; 02-29-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

As mentioned the problem is with the glue and appears on 2000 or newer f bodies.

If you do buy a replacement be sure to strip all of te old glue off entirely
Old 02-29-2012, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just went to dallas.craigslist.org and then searched for "parting camaro" and there are a few people there, try calling them and maybe asking if you can go try and pull off the panel.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did some search and got the best solution. Go to a junk yard, check the door and make sure its an older fbody. Then ask the junk yard to cut the roof off or cut around and through the roof not touching the sail panel. I would assume it would only cost $50-$100 depending on their willingness to do so. Take the part home and heat up the under side of the panel with a heat gun and then use the wire to separate it and that would cut through like butter.

Rip your old one off and get the other one ready. Mine is bubbling pretty bad so think I will do this as well. Not sure how many ttop cars are in the yards though.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike96z
Did some search and got the best solution. Go to a junk yard, check the door and make sure its an older fbody. Then ask the junk yard to cut the roof off or cut around and through the roof not touching the sail panel. I would assume it would only cost $50-$100 depending on their willingness to do so. Take the part home and heat up the under side of the panel with a heat gun and then use the wire to separate it and that would cut through like butter.

Rip your old one off and get the other one ready. Mine is bubbling pretty bad so think I will do this as well. Not sure how many ttop cars are in the yards though.
You've never cut the top off a F-body huh?? You would have to pay me more then that to cut the top off. Plus I don't see a Junk yard letting you do that to one that's not just a shell.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am 100% positive Awesome Auto Salvage on Jefferson would cut the top off an Fbody for you lol. Most of the cars there are gutted and isn't much left before they go to the crusher. Hell that guy use to sell me 4.8/5.3 (LS based) pull outs for $250 each.

I know the thread I found on tech, the guy got a yard to cut the roof off.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:29 AM

my trans am is doing this also. anyone have a number to robbie or the guy in garland?