Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

V1 vs silvia

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 11:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default V1 vs silvia

So I was downtown tonight in Austin and on my way home I had this guy riding on my bumper as we start to merge on mopac heading north. I didn't recognize the type or car from his headlights (knew it was a ricer though). So I give him a chance to get along side of me to see if he wanted to run, and in typical rice move he guns it from behind me trying to do a fly by... I wasn't having that... Was cruising at about 65mph when I heard him flying up and his turbo spooling up, dropped it to 4th gear... He had me by his front fender then I started to reel him in and continued to pull hard on him till about 110. So I let him catch up to see what the hell he was driving. I look over and see the steering wheel and the him driving from the right side of the car (wasn't expecting that). So I now drop back to see what kinda car he had... Snapped a pic w the iPhone, horrible qaulity. But was able to make out Silvia on the back bumper. It was actually a pretty nice ride look new. So I pull along side of him and we ran a 2nd time from 75 this time. Wasn't even a race pulled all the way to 125 and he was in the rear view. . I'll post the pic as soon as I get it on my computer

Last edited by BigTuna819; 02-28-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice, what year is your V and what mods do you have? At 65mph you should have dropped it into 3rd...
Old 02-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stock 04 ls6 for now, picked the car up last may w/54k mi in chicago. Then relocated to Austin in july. Haven't really had much time to work on the car with the whole move and not having a garage yet down here in texas. The car had the rear bushings placed just before I bought it. I need to pull the trans, its starting to pop out of 2 gear if i down shift from 3 at mid to higher rpms. Got the cags eliminator a few weeks ago and did the diy fogs back in dec. Need to get the trans fixed before I start modding anything else.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

GK.

no biggie killing one unless its a rb26 car. then its less likely.