Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

03-04 Cobra's for sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 01:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03-04 Cobra's for sale?

I've got a friend who's looking to buy a 2003-2004 Cobra. The last 2 sellers he's tried to work with have gone back on their deal and tried to extort him for more money.

So long story short, I'm trying to see if anyone in our community knows someone who is trying to sell a cobra right now.

Not a whole lot of requirements, just the following:

-6 speed.
-No convertibles.
-No Zinc Yellow.
-Realistic $16-17k price range.

We're trying to keep the location within 4 hours of Delaware, but if the car is a good deal, travel isn't out of the question.

He's registered on SVTPerformance (Mr.Venom), and on here as well (88BlownGT).

If anybody knows of one for sale that might fit this, shoot me a PM or reply on here.

Thanks!

~Andy
Old 03-02-2012, 09:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I found mine two weeks ago on svtp, i got lucky and dealt with an awesome seller and wound up flying down and driving it back. Just have to be patient and talk to the seller(on the phone!). Your not gonna get a feel for the guy through PMs and emails.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yup like he said and all you have to do is be patient. it is alot of money and nothing that needs to be rushed when looking for a new toy
Old 03-02-2012, 11:11 PM
11 Second Club

My buddy who's looking for the car has been pretty active with the sellers he's worked with. He'll reply to their ads first, then talk on the phone regularly with them. I just made the trip to Richmond, VA with him last weekend to look at one. He had talked with that owner quite a bit over the phone, and we were going to down to check out the car, and so he could get the deal with the seller.

We checked the car out, and he got his test drive in, even had some SCT software to make sure the tune on it was safe. He and the seller set up their deal, and shook on it. Then the kid decided a day or two ago that he didn't want that deal anymore and wanted more money from my friend.

That was the 2nd time it happened to him, so he's still actively looking and talking with sellers, just kinda discouraged from getting screwed over twice in a row.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea it is tough to find the perfect car. search the classifieds and try autotempest.com searching and good luck to your friend in his search
Old 03-04-2012, 03:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sounds like your buddy needs to take the cash with him!
Old 03-05-2012, 12:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Sounds like your buddy needs to take the cash with him!
If he had that much to carry with him I'm sure he would of had the car long ago. Since pretty much no bank will do a loan and let you walk with the cash anymore in our crappy economy, he's stuck having to go through all the paperwork and red tape for each car.

A lot of the nearby sellers we've found just aren't getting back to him, despite him attempting calls and messages, so he's starting to look for some further away now.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ive seen a bunch for sale lately. But what they are asking for them is just retarded. Most were between 22k-25k. Don't get me wrong I like them and would buy one if one came along at a decent price. Check the pony forums I'm sure you find something
Old 03-05-2012, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02LS1ram
Ive seen a bunch for sale lately. But what they are asking for them is just retarded. Most were between 22k-25k. Don't get me wrong I like them and would buy one if one came along at a decent price. Check the pony forums I'm sure you find something
Yeah I agree on the higher priced ones. Lol and he's on svtperformance and the other pony forums like it's his J O B.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

Originally Posted by 02'Andy
If he had that much to carry with him I'm sure he would of had the car long ago. Since pretty much no bank will do a loan and let you walk with the cash anymore in our crappy economy, he's stuck having to go through all the paperwork and red tape for each car.

A lot of the nearby sellers we've found just aren't getting back to him, despite him attempting calls and messages, so he's starting to look for some further away now.
hes getting a loan for a cobra?
Old 03-06-2012, 06:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
Yeah he is. He's got some cash on hand, but has to get a loan for part of the amount.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

You do realize cobras are holding their values much like fbodies. For a NICE cobra your spending 20k+. Do you have 20k cash to buy a car with? If so more power to ya.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol i did to by my vette and now the account reads EMPTY. i hate being so god damn broke.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

Originally Posted by itsslow98
You do realize cobras are holding their values much like fbodies. For a NICE cobra your spending 20k+. Do you have 20k cash to buy a car with? If so more power to ya.

well i wouldnt get a loan for a car that old. id just wait till i can afford it or buy something less expensive.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:30 AM
11 Second Club

well i wouldnt get a loan for a car that old. id just wait till i can afford it or buy something less expensive.
The loan is serving a dual purpose though. One to get his car without having to wait until he can't drive it next winter, and two, to put a decent sized loan on his record when it comes time for big loans (i.e home loans) later on. And like Skull added, to get the car AND not be broke.

Besides, I made the thread to see if I could find him some results, not debate the finer points of cash in hand vs. loans
Old 03-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

browse on Lightningrodder.com as well... ive seen several sexy termis for sale on there... one 6 months ran 9's and was street legal with less than 15k on it...
Old 03-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Teching In

IMHO its going to be tough to find a nice 1 in that price range, maybe with higher miles. Its crazy how much money they still bring.

Quick Reply: 03-04 Cobra's for sale?