Automotive News, Media & Press Television | Magazines | Industry News

mustang takes february sales with a strong month.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 06:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default mustang takes february sales with a strong month.

http://www.torquenews.com/106/mustan...aro-challenger

i must say im surprised. sales still good for camaros and challenger sales are adequate.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

according to this i counted 6 months since april of 09 that mustangs have sold better.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206620
Old 03-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i drove both the camaro ss and the 5.0, overall the mustang is such a better car, looks better ,performs better, and with the mustang i felt you got alot more for your money. in a few years i will for sure pick one up used, it wont be long before you can get those cars pretty cheap, even new there pretty cheap
Old 03-02-2012, 07:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, drove both back to back and fell in love with the 5.0. I'm a GM guy, but if I were buying today it'd be the Mustang without a second thought.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably has more to do with 0% or a $3000 rebate than anything else. Though I personally thought the 5.0 was the better car hence why I bought one 2 weeks ago.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:12 PM
TECH Addict

I wasn't sure this would be mentioned here... Didn't feel any great need to bring it up, but I noted this result as I looked for the VOLT. Can't say I'm surprised any which way... They're cars and will sell according to many factors, none of which are controlled by a sole party beyond the manufacturers.

Maybe I'm surprised as to how much better than last February, but that was a wretched month(worse than most) and I figure pricing was going to be "good" now, since I read Ford would be producing the last 2012 in either Feb or March of this year... DUMB, but whatever.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

So basically, higher gas prices mean higher pony car sales? Maybe the "new" is now finally dying off with the Camaro.

It's pretty awesome to these cars selling so well I mean in the last month alone over 12,000 total (camaro and mustang combined) rolled off dealer lots that's pretty good with the weak economy and gas prices on the rise. Ford dealers are probably running really good sales on the Mustangs right now with the '13 style update on the rise probably want to clear the lot to make room but I seriously doubt that alone would have made sales double from this time last year.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

while ford is offering incentives on mustangs GM cardholders got their allowance doubled for camaros plus a loyalty bonus and ive heard theyre going to offer better incentives soon.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
while ford is offering incentives on mustangs GM cardholders got their allowance doubled for camaros plus a loyalty bonus and ive heard theyre going to offer better incentives soon.
I just toss 'em, but a few weeks ago, I got something from our "local" (20 mile away) Chevy dealer, enticing me to come buy a new car. Incentives were apparent. Drove by the place a few days ago and there's a MASSIVE sign(for such a small dealer) on the corner that reads "Chevy is giving more" and I thought... REALLY? as I drove on by. I did indeed notice the 3 new Corvettes, I must admit.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Smile

i almost bought a 5th gen this week. its true! LOL. but,the dealer i talked with couldnt find what i wanted and i had to buy last month to get my GM card discounts.

what bothers me is i can(or could have) used all my points on a corvette plus a 1k loyalty bonus but i cant afford one anyway. i wouldnt want to DD a c6 which is my intention for my next purchase.

ill just see what GM offers this month.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats but I'm sure majority are v6.. Either way Camaro is still outselling Mustangs. I'm just looking forward to the 6th gen Camaro & 7th gen Corvettes! Camaros interior isn't that bad.. Especially the 45th anniversary & Synergy edition interior!
Old 03-03-2012, 03:56 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jmurray87
It's pretty awesome to these cars selling so well I mean in the last month alone over 12,000 total (camaro and mustang combined) rolled off dealer lots that's pretty good with the weak economy and gas prices on the rise.

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
i almost bought a 5th gen this week. its true! LOL. but,the dealer i talked with couldnt find what i wanted and i had to buy last month to get my GM card discounts.

what bothers me is i can(or could have) used all my points on a corvette plus a 1k loyalty bonus but i cant afford one anyway.
Nice. I only got to use $1k of my GM Card points back when I bought my C6 but I saw that they're allowing the use of more on them now. I have over $3600.00 in points saved up right now and would love to use them but I just don't have the space for a 3rd car right now.

Quick Reply: mustang takes february sales with a strong month.