Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wont start at all!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wont start at all!?

Ok, so i have been working alot on my car. I have done the relocation of the battery and the fuse boxes to the inside of the car. Now I am having problems with the car starting. I have all lights working. Everything seems to work but the car will not start. I dont even get a sound from the starter relay. I used a screw driver to try and start it but when i did this i didn't get any spark to the coils, also the injectors are not working. I know the first post on here will be about the grounds and fuses and the vats. They are all good I checked and checked several times, and i dont have the security light on.. I just dont see how im getting power to everything but the damn injectors and the starter. I deleted alot of wiring when i did the relocation but nothing really that crazy, wiring for the A/C, ABS, and the Air Pump. I just dont get what i could have messed up on it. I even tried bypassing the relay to see if I could get the starter to turn over..nothing worked. Im going to buy a Volt meter tomorrow, just wanted to see what you guys think about it. Just to add, my fuel pump does come on so I know I have fuel to the injectors.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

Not sure how you checked everything w/o a VOM...
However, a VOM is a start. A fuel psi gauge is a good item, along with a noid lite.
A check for RPM signal is going to help. Anything to read the PCM with?
With a VOM, you will have to check for power at the coils, when the key is turned to start position. The noid will check for inj pulse, at the same time.

What are you using for a neutral start sw?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:01 AM
Teching In

Did you find the problem?

Riggs
Old 06-04-2012, 10:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Riggs 74
Did you find the problem?

Riggs
I know this is old, but I have been at school. I have not found the problem yet. I cant see why its not working. Im saving up for a battery. The one I have now is kinda dead so figured I should just replace it for now and see if that works. Just dont see it working if it didnt do it with a jump.