Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

cartuning turbo kit questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question cartuning turbo kit questions

Hey awesome site, glad to be a member!! Have a few quick questions.. I'm interested in the turbo kit but unsure of a few things!!

1. Cartuning makes it sound easy to install in 8-12hrs with basic mechanic knowledge, true or false??? Was wondering if its something me and my buddy could do. Transmission shift kit and fuel pump re wire kit sound tricky.. what's your advice? Or just pay a shop?

2. If its not as simple as they say and I go through a shop what price range would you GUESS for the complete install? I was thinking a minimum on $1000

3. Cartuning has you send in PCM and what not, is their tune good enough?? Or expect to get it tuned elsewhere??

Thank you in advance.. I'm really interested in boosting my GXP.. if not possible add a few internals and spray her!!!

On a side note, anyone found a good way to launch these cars.. simple brake launch?? I always seem to get took off the line by just about anything.. I always catch up.. lol but I'm curious as to finding a good way to launch her good and hard without roasting my tires too bad.. I've only owned the car 2 months so I'm still not fully aware of certain tips and tricks