Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

8.8 suggestions - autox/road race

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 8.8 suggestions - autox/road race

I know this is beating a dead horse, and yes, I have searched, however there are so many variances on the 8.8 builds that I thought I would start one more specific to me. This will probably be my next project for the car, and I could pick up parts here and there.

My thoughts on the torque arm setup are:
1) Use an existing bolt-on torque arm kit such as a Griggs or Maximum Motorsports kit and make it fit for my car. I do not yet have an aftermarket torque arm, but I need one, so the price may not be too bad in the end.
2) Have a custom bolt-on bracket made that would use an f-body torque arm ( i still need an aftermarket f-body arm).

Has anyone adapted a Griggs or MM torque arm setup to fit an f-body before?

What vehicles would be the best to get an 8.8 rear end out of that requires the least amount of modding to make work? 28-spline diff 8.8 can use existing f-body axles, correct?

Plans for this rear are to weld up 10-bolt axle tubes, use stock axles (if possible), bolt-on torque arm, 3.73 gear, and maybe T2R diff (or similar), and camber the rear by about -0.5*.

Any suggestions as to going about this? Thanks in advance!