Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing headers

Old 03-22-2004, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing headers

Now I've changed torque converters and plugs and all that stuff. So how difficult can it be to change headers and yipe? Just wanting to know before I get into it.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 99Freeze
Now I've changed torque converters and plugs and all that stuff. So how difficult can it be to change headers and yipe? Just wanting to know before I get into it.
It is really easy and straight foward its just alittle time consuming
Old 03-22-2004, 07:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

its easy I did it bymyself in about 10hrs and ive got big arms(225lbs) check my sig for my install notes...definitly a doable install.

lata
Bill
Old 03-22-2004, 07:53 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took me about 8 hours. I swapped plugs/wires as well. Cleaned her up, and got rid of a mouse nest I had stuffed up insde my starter/tranny.

I had to drop my oil + filter to get the driver's side header in, passenger side slid right in. The procedure varies with different headers. Helps a bunch if you have a lift. I also had to heat up and bend the brackets for my Hooker catback, as I could only get the Y pipe to slide up so far.

It's all worth it as soon as you fire her up, and rip it sideways down the road with a smile on your face!

Rob
Old 03-22-2004, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bigMAC
It is really easy and straight foward its just alittle time consuming
I second this.
Old 03-22-2004, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

it took me only 3 hours using Foff667's install notes, so i knew exactly what i had to do and how to do it. plus i had a lift and a buddies shop bay to work with all his tools and he helped me with putting the emissions crap back on. it really isn't that difficult.

toss out whatever directions the headers come with and search on this board for tips and tricks man. it will shave the down time of your car off tremendously. and the end result is simply even if it takes you a week to do it it would be a week well worth the wait!
Travis
Old 03-22-2004, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by foff667
its easy I did it bymyself in about 10hrs and ive got big arms(225lbs) check my sig for my install notes...definitly a doable install.

lata
Bill
So is it safe to say, "you get what you pay for". In other words if I go with the hooker setup I would have less fitting, cuttting, and banging issues? Not saying it would be totally perfect but just a bit better.

Search this Thread