Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boost VS. Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Boost VS. Injectors

I have the 4.8L in tha car and running well and the trans is fixed. The only thing keeping me from putting the turbos on are the injectors. Does anyone know if it is possible to run the turbos on low boost with stock injectors with out grenading the engine? How much boost should I run? I do plan on 60# injectors sooner or later, but I need to save the funds. Any ideas?
Old 03-07-2012, 04:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The short answer is yes. You need a good boost controller and a proper wastegate spring to keep the PSI low. The PSI level depends on the size of the turbo/turbos. If they flow a load of volume and you have an efficient setup you could push low PSI but still produce good HP. At 10PSI my setup produced 600RWHP and at 23PSI 965RWHP. While I've seen folks running 12PSI with 1000RWHP.

How did you intend on tuning the motor for low boost? Let's say you're going to keep it at 2PSI? Who's tuning on it to add fuel based on that? I mean your stock computer is going to cry foul when it reports anything over 1 BAR. I run a custom HP Tuners OS that supports a 3 BAR MAP sensor. If you lock the wastagate at Zero PSI you should be safe. But then what's the point? LOL....
Old 03-07-2012, 07:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a pair of t70s and I have a 2bar map for gm to fit the truck manifold (12614973). I also have the HP Tuners 2bar SD OS. I will be tuning myself, until I get injectors then I plan to have dyno tuned. I was considering throw in 5psi at it on the stock injector. I also have a A1000 pump and boost referenced regulator so I can ad fuel pressure to to help fatten it up.