Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy here, about to join the LS1 family!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 04:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy here, about to join the LS1 family!

A little about me... My name is Zach and I'm 19. I live in NC and have a big interest in cars. I used to have a '97 GT auto (near-stock), then sold it for a '00 Civic auto (stock, 35+ MPG). I currently work as an electrician's helper.

Some info about my car... I'll be taking delievery of a '98 Z28 A4 next Friday just in time for a wash and cruise. It's Cayenne Red Metallic with gray cloth interior and t-tops. It's stock as far as I know, maybe has a cat-back but runs out great.

Best laid plans call for an SLP air box and K&N filter (which I should have before I get the car), LS6 intake, Hooker headers (longtubes of course), an O/R Y-pipe, and some kind of cat-back, a street-friendly stall, B&M shift kit, 4.10s, and a 75-100 wet shot. The induction and exhaust is first on the list and a built rear when I go to 4.10s. The car is dirty right now but once I take delievery of it I'll get it cleaned and take pictures for y'all. Any questions, suggestions or comments are appreciated!
Old 03-08-2012, 04:50 AM
On The Tree

Sounds like a sweet ride you have coming... How many miles are on it? And if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?
Old 03-08-2012, 06:36 AM
On The Tree

160 some thousand miles. I've already had it checked out by two mechanics, I myself checked it out as well as my dad. Everything seems to be in order. All it needs (and I use need loosely) is trunk shocks, an arm rest, and sun visors. It'll get a tune-up the Monday after I buy it. As far as price I would rather not disclose it at this time.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Dropped back by the dealer today so this thread wasn't a total disappointment. Supposedly I was the first person to look at the car after it came out of the shop (and of course decided to buy it on the spot) so they hadn't had time to wash it or anything (and I don't want them to personally). Please excuse all the dirty and the busted exhaust hangers. Nothing is wrong with the actual exhaust.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

nice car, Where in NC are you? i take it your probably far away from me.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

I live in Boonville. I'm about five hours away from you, so yea lol.

I'm gonna try to get some pictures of it clean within the next few days, I wanna get some opinions on it.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

dayyyum. well wont be meeting you