Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

GoPro HD Hero2 .... help with YouTube uploads

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 02:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GoPro HD Hero2 .... help with YouTube uploads

I had mounted my GoPro on the dash, the quarter panel and the trunk for some shakedown runs of my SS recently. I got some really cool video that I shot in 1080P.

I loaded the GoPro CineForm software and watched the raw footage (.MP4) from Windows Media Player (Window 7 OS) and all played perfect. With the CineForm software I was able to clip the "good" video from the original file and output only the clips I wanted (removing return road video, pit video, etc). The CineForm outputed the clipped videos as .avi files and they also played perfectly on Windows Media Player. I have not been able to upload the clipped .avi output files to YouTube though. YouTube will only take 20% or so and then stop and if I wait long eough, it will say it is not uploadable.

How are you guys uploading your videos to YouTube? Are you uploading raw footage or clips? What formats are you uploading? What output resolutions? What software are you clipping with?
Old 03-09-2012, 04:03 PM
12 Second Club

lol i use winows movie maker :p

the only thing i had, and im not about to spend 600 bucks on Sony vegas lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lREKBopZrn8

i made that vid with wmm, i also just uploaded all footage to my computer without any extra program so i dont know what thats all about... good luck! i know even with my nvidia graphics card i still cant play vids off my gopro2 but my gopro1 can plan on it just fine haha... so i use my laptop which is much faster lol

all the footage in that vid ^ is GoPro2 1080p
Old 03-09-2012, 04:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by hendrixx
lol i use winows movie maker :p

the only thing i had, and im not about to spend 600 bucks on Sony vegas lol.

i made that vid with wmm, i also just uploaded all footage to my computer without any extra program so i dont know what thats all about... good luck! i know even with my nvidia graphics card i still cant play vids off my gopro2 but my gopro1 can plan on it just fine haha... so i use my laptop which is much faster lol

all the footage in that vid ^ is GoPro2 1080p
Thanks for the reply. I couldn't play the mp4 files on my computer without first downloading CineForm from the GoPro website. I am assuming that with the CineForm download/install, the proper codecs were installed that allowed my Windows Media Player to play the mp4 files downloaded direct from my Gopro HD Hero2. I am also assuming that YouTube will not take the converted (clipped) files with the GoPro HD codecs.

Anyway, I will download WMM and try that route.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:58 PM
TECH Resident

Ok, figured it out ....

The GoPro HD Hero2 records in MP4 format. I downloaded the GoPro CineForm Studio free from the GoPro website. It is a cool program to clip the original MP4 videos, but it exports (converts) the clips in a large file size AVI format. I downloaded the free Leawo MP4 Converter and converted the large AVI files back to an MP4 file and uploaded directly to YouTube. The result ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_yvYbi6ZDE
Old 03-05-2014, 02:38 AM

Default Upload GoPro to YouTube

I just got my GoPro Hero3+ Silver Edition. I love it so far but having a hard time uploading GoPro to YouTube. I have uploaded many videos to YouTube but not the GoPro yet. YouTube's server keeps rejecting GoPro file. Got more details of the GoPro recorded videos and I got know the GoPro recordings are in H.264 MP4 format in 1080p @ 60fps. Searching from Google and got some recommended solutions.

Solution 1: Try the GoPro CineForm studio

I have tried to use the Raw file it produces in MP4 then an edited one with the software from GoPro. No Luck.

Solution 2: Change the name of GoPro MP4 files

I tried changing the name of the GoPro file before uploading it from my computer. This time try uploading from Chrome, but still failed.

Solution 3:Convert GoPro video to YouTube

Here Brorsoft Video Converter is a highly recommended tool. With this GoPro to YouTube video converter, resolve two basic issues: Convert GoPro Hero 3 MP4 video to regular .AVI file compatible for YouTube; divide GoPro Hero 3 files into shorter 15 min sections( YouTube has a 15 min limit in usual.) And then upload the formatted videos to YouTune form computer. It worked.

Quick Reply: GoPro HD Hero2 .... help with YouTube uploads