Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

question about installing seats

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 10:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about installing seats

i have a 95 camaro with cloth seats and im wanting to buy leather seats out of a t/a or a z but i know most of them if not all the drivers side is automatic mine is not so is this something that will be hard to change over or is it possible to still use the manual one that is already in my car.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:13 AM
Launching!

I think I know what you are asking.........
If you're asking will the new power seats work in your non-power seat camaro - I'm 99.9% sure that they will. Installed power seats in a friends 94 camaro which had manual seats. The wiring harness for the power seats are already in your car under the carpet or it was in his car.
before you buy the seats though, I'd check and make sure that the wiring harness is under the carpet - only takes 5 mins to take the drivers seat out and check.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there are only 4 13mm bolts holdin the seats down. and the wiring harness should be there if not all u have to do is change the tracks on the seats. which itn't hard at all. I changed my camaro over from cloth to leather and i learned alot...it looks kinda cool gutted out...haha. well good luck man. Justin