Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

89 Mustang soon swapped

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 89 Mustang soon swapped

Hi i'm new to posting on this site, i've been a lurker for sometime but just recently got a steal on a lq4 6.0 and decided to do the swap in my 89 Notcback mustang. Currently i am running a H/C/I carb'd 351 with a t5. Runs really good, compared to what they do stock but not where i want it. I currently have the lq4 longblock (needs pistons and bored out) and a 4l80e to bolt behind it. The plan is to leave it stock appearing and sounding (except for the turbo part) and put down 500-600rwhp. We shall see. I just picked up an ls2 cam and valve springs. Now i just need an ls2 intake so i can clear the stock hood. Wish me the best for the swap. i've owned the car for over 5 years now and i've probably had it driveable for about a year now maybe less. Its the only car i've owned/driven for more than 6 months, i am very slutty when it comes to vehicles. Last one i sold was a 97 Cobra that was vortech supercharged putting down 417rwhp on a dynojet (weak i know) ran a 12.3 at 118 with it and i plan on 10's or faster with this swap.

I'm from Missouri and graduated from wyotech in 2010, currently working with my dad to get our shop going. It is up and running but it's definitely tough getting going. Hope it works out.

I'll try to post on here more and hope to learn as much as i can from some of you guys.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Heres a few pics of the 89. when i bought it, it was an off white color with a 306/aod swapped in. i never drove that setup i put in the 351, swapped the cam twice, swapped heads twice, and intakes twice. Too much money into it but its done for now. I think i will put that 351 in my 93 f150 just because i know its a dependable and fun motor.

I'm picking the hood up tonight.

Interior was tan/block now it is almost all black and looks ALOT better.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:56 PM
Teching In

I've done all the work on the 89 except for painting it. Thats the one thing we dont do at our shop. otherwise i know every little detail about it and i like to keep it that way.

Heres a pic of the cobra, it was a very slick car. under 80k miles when i sold it. i bought it at like 73k miles. Rebuilt the motor with forged internals but never turned the boost up from where it was originally. 8-9psi.

This is a crappy pic before i sold it i have many more but thats another story in itself. lol it took me WAY too long to tint that car and i kick myself for not doing it sooner.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Teching In

Also i like guns, have a springfield armory xd 45 tactical bi-tone with the stainless slide and also a glock 17 9mm. both were new when i bought them but i havent shot the glock yet. Had a banelli nova 12 gauge i traded and never shot, currently have a custom ruger 10/22, a savage arms 22 (piece of crap), and used to own a springfield xd 45 compact (too small for my hands) but it shot very nicely.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:29 PM
On The Tree

Nice fox! Maybe one day I might get around to doing a LsX swap on mine...
Old 03-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Teching In

LOVE a fox coupe.... eager to see its transformation.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys, this is what it looked like when i picked it up except i put the stickers on it. those came off before it hit the road

the previous hood

previous motor

how it looked when i got back from school in 2010

current motor except now it has aluminum patriot 185cc heads

a pic i like before the slicks

Old 03-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Current LQ4 i picked up for $200. was a burn motor

about all i've done so far is clean the valve covers and strip the motor

4l80e that needs a GOOD cleaning