Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Tune ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Nitrous Tune ?'s

I have been looking at the TNT F1 system. I like it because they are suppossed to have the best quality kits with stainless solenoids and better fuel/n2o atomization. Is it really superior to the rest?
I have the G5X1 229/233 cam on a 112 lsa. I also have QTP long tubes with dual electric cutouts in the y-pipe, LS6 intake and a Jantzer ported TB. I think I should pick up pretty good gains especially in the torque with that particular cam and headers.
I have LS1 Edit so I have the ability to tune it but I really don't want to. Is dynotuning necessary in order to know which jets to use for air/fuel or will the 100 shot jets be right if the air/fuel is right on motor? I don't PLAN on spraying over the 100 shot because I'm told it should be good for 125rwhp on my set-up and around 175-225rwtq which is enough for me and also because I still have a stock bottom end. I read how you are suppossed to retard the timing 2* for every 50hp but I was told it was not absolutely necessary to adjust the timing for the 100 shot. I know I can get a timing tuner but its out of my budget.
When they say retard the timing 2* for every 50hp does that mean flywheel or rear-wheel hp? Even if I were to only use 100 shot jets and it gave me 150 hp, I'm assuming I should technically retard it 6*. Not 4* for the "100" shot.
Will n/a tuning be sufficient? How much power could I pick-up if I were to retard the timing? Could anything be hurt by not adjusting it? I just don't want to have to keep a labtop in my car and have to download the n20 tune just to spray.
I don't plan on spraying out of the hole from a launch. Will the bottom end hold over time?
I also want to get a dual gauge pod for nitrous bottle pressure and fuel pressure. Which ones should I get, how much will it cost total with all lines and fittings and who has them at the best price? Thanks alot. Mike W.

Last edited by SStolen; 03-23-2004 at 12:43 PM.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike I did answer your questions via E-mail. Hopefully the answers help.

David