Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

E-Bay double pumper vs Lonnies Performance?

Old 03-14-2012, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation E-Bay double pumper vs Lonnies Performance?

I just found this double pumper on ebay, and other than the hobbs switch, and the brand of pump itself, I am at a loss as to why I should pay the extra money for Lonnies system, vs pulling mine with the racetronix in the housing and just selling it to put towards this system. Any input or experience is greatly appreciated. I have a d1sc 390 ws6 that im going to push as far as I can. hopefully the 60lb injectors will get me to the 750 range, but I am doubtful....My fuel knowledge is not my strongsuit.

Here is the Link

Edit: non-sponsor link removed

Last edited by MeentSS02; 03-15-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not bad for no core required. I don't trust eBay though... some idiot sent me parts other than what was pictured so I said never again! Also, I'd want more pictures. I already know what the top of the fuel thing with bulkhead fittings looks like. Everyone has pics of those. Further, all stock functions are retained, except they didn't mention the re-filling of the bucket?

Last edited by gi8e7oi825; 03-15-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:40 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That wiring really doesn't look sufficient!

I would stick with forum sponsor and trusted guy when building fuel set up.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone who would butcher a bucket like that, doesn't know what they are doing.
The replacement parts are available with a little research on this forum. Start by reading the sticky s at the top of this forum
Old 03-15-2012, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

oh i have no doubt that lonnies products is top notch, but what I am asking, is what is the differnece. When you say butcher, what is it that you are reffering to? I see no gauges or open holes. The wiring harness to me does not look that much different than my racetronix hotwire/relay minus the wiring loom. I was just able to navigate this website alot better than LP. Basically I want the whole package, fuel lines, fp regulator, and a double pumper system to support my goals.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:33 PM
8 Second Club

This is your fuel system-a place you don't want to cut any corners. Save now-pay alot more later when you blow up-not worth it.

Lonnies all the way for me.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

The high flow fuel unit will include $15/ roller vane fuel pumps from 'Asia', whereas the Lonnies unit will have $100/ pumps made in USA
Old 03-15-2012, 07:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I only use high grade components in my systems & use only factory type OE connections through the fuel sender.

I only use Walbro pumps which have proven themselves & which I trust my reputation to.

I have built approximatley 2000 DP kits to date & as those on this site can attest to, problems with my systems have been virtually non-existant.

My customers also get my tech support & knowledge of what a proper fuel system needs. I back up my knowledge with a Mechanical Engineering Education, 30+ years of building performance cars & my performance business that has been around since 1999.

I do not sell on Ebay, nor do I have automated ordering as I want to talk to my customers & be sure they are getting the sytem that they actually need. I will not sell you something that is not correct for your application. I would rather turn down a sale than take your money for an improper part. This way I can stand by my components & also maintain a good reputation on the internet, which as most here know, will ruin a business in spectacular fashion when people are not satisfied with their purchases.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:20 PM
10 Second Club

+1 for Lonnies Performance, don't cheap out on a fuel system. Just call Lonnie he can get you want, use GM style weather pack connectors. Customer service is top notch, not one complaint out of his system.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Lonnie do you offer a pump that is a direct replacement ?id rather not drill or cut anything. just want an upgraded plug and play pump. Motor should make between 550-600 hp.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Why go with Lonnies? Customer service, plain and simple. He stands behind what he sells 100%...that's a lot more than I can say for some other companies, and Ebay? I don't think so.

After all, it is only the system that feeds highly flammable liquid to an expensive pile of aluminum and steel that won't run without it.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:48 PM
TECH Addict

yeah i talked with lonnie and hfp both today. hfp basically said lonnie was way better. they said there kits work, but they use alot of local companies to make there parts and deal mainly with the mustang crowd...the big difference is that lonnies system is mainly plug and play. its so simple. and there system requires alot of your own wiring and additions of hobb switches etc....i was always going to go lonnies, but i thought it would be a great discussion for someone who saw the cheaper kit and did not know what to look for like myself. i am not cheaping out....20k on motor and blower and then get cheap when it comes to the one component that can ruin that investment.....i think not. thanks guys. great answers.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:29 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
yeah i talked with lonnie and hfp both today. hfp basically said lonnie was way better. they said there kits work, but they use alot of local companies to make there parts and deal mainly with the mustang crowd...the big difference is that lonnies system is mainly plug and play. its so simple. and there system requires alot of your own wiring and additions of hobb switches etc....i was always going to go lonnies, but i thought it would be a great discussion for someone who saw the cheaper kit and did not know what to look for like myself. i am not cheaping out....20k on motor and blower and then get cheap when it comes to the one component that can ruin that investment.....i think not. thanks guys. great answers.
Good deal buddy-now go make some JAM!!!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 07:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Save money all together and do your own double pumper setup joey.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gs462
Lonnie do you offer a pump that is a direct replacement ?id rather not drill or cut anything. just want an upgraded plug and play pump. Motor should make between 550-600 hp.
Yes, all of Lonnies kit are direct replacement for your application.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:01 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

For 550-600 engine HP, I offer single pump kits that are drop in replacements for many applications. Above this power level is where the dual pump kits are needed.

Feel free to call if you want to discuss.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lonnis is building my fuel system right now. I'm also doing an AES 390 with a D1SC and Lonnie helped me to understand that I'll need lines and FPR to do it right the first time. I decided to go ahead and get the entire kit from him and just sell the items that I'm currently running on my NA motor.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ICRAZY6
Lonnis is building my fuel system right now. I'm also doing an AES 390 with a D1SC and Lonnie helped me to understand that I'll need lines and FPR to do it right the first time. I decided to go ahead and get the entire kit from him and just sell the items that I'm currently running on my NA motor.

yeah we are doing damn near the exact same setup, other than my heads are going to be PRC 237cc with 68's. My compression ratio is going to be set at 9:6:1 as Bob recommended. E85 and methanol to boot. Wanting to go F1-A or C one day. Right now I am looking into bigger injectors....got my quote from MWC on a full suspension setup and fab 9....lonnies fuel fuel system other than injectors.....and FLT or PerformaBuilt stage 5-6 4l65e with 3600 PTC and Goodyear Slicks. Lingenfelter 2-step and No Trans Brake. its real exciting but really slow paced. check to check you know. about one component I listed per month. I am lucky I can even move at that rate.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

G-Body guy with a LS heart----

not understanding why this system of yours costs $1k or am i wrong

I see you use Racetronix in your banner,i have been dealing with them for many yrs as a gn owner(pretty sure they started there as a vendor)

tell me why yours cost more then this and is your better

http://www.racetronix.biz/customkiti...kc=DPFS-G7&eq=

thanks D
Old 08-12-2012, 08:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by tta656
G-Body guy with a LS heart----

not understanding why this system of yours costs $1k or am i wrong

I see you use Racetronix in your banner,i have been dealing with them for many yrs as a gn owner(pretty sure they started there as a vendor)

tell me why yours cost more then this and is your better

http://www.racetronix.biz/customkiti...kc=DPFS-G7&eq=

thanks D
I only use genuine Walbro pumps.

All wiring & components are custom made by Racetronix specifically for dual pump use.

As for $1K cost, you are looking at braided line kits.
The cost of good components adds up. I do not use pushlock fittings or any other rubber based hose, only stainless braided lines.

Most of my common double pump kits are in the $575-$700 range.

Not trying to be the cheapest, as I select quality components.
If you want cheap go to Ebay or build it yourself.
I feel I offer a good product for the money.

Also, I answer the phone if you have questions or problems... even on weekends.
If there is a legitimate problem, I stand behind my work & fix it.

I have a few thousand satisfied customers... not sure what else to add.

Last edited by Lonnies Performance; 08-12-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: E-Bay double pumper vs Lonnies Performance?