Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp headers scraping after eibach??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slp headers scraping after eibach??

anyone have any problems with slp headers scraping after putting on eibach lowering springs? I am looking at dropping 1.5"
Old 03-15-2012, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How do your SLP headers tuck in right now at stock ride height? Some have expressed fitment issues where they hang a bit low, however it's my understanding that some of them tuck in just fine.

The reality is that speed bumps, angled driveways, etc. will always be an issue. The smaller the speed bump and the more graded the driveway, the less chance there's going to be an issue.

I presume you're already pretty careful about where you turn in or drive with your current header setup. You'll just need to be especially more cautious after the drop. My condo is in a complex with several large speed bumps. I just barely have enough clearance to pass over them at stock ride height -- that's the sole reason why I haven't lowered my car.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:19 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah i am ridiculous when it comes to taking on a speed bump. The car does scrape a little bit on the really high ones, but i think it may be more the y pipe and not the headers. The headers do hang a little lower on this car than on my last car. I had flowtech LT on my last car with no issues. These slp seem to sit pretty low. I dont want to swap them out because they came on the car from factory as an option. Argghh.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:07 PM
TECH Addict

Those are the worst headers (1st design) and the worst springs (not a great spring rate after 6 months)

SLP had the lowest hanging headers for years. i think they finally did a redesign about a year ago. But eibachs are a bad spring. And even worse after 6 months. You can probably see drivers side sag already.

I've got Kooks 1 7/8 and Strano spring and i rarely scrape on anything. Not a plug, just my set up. But if you're going with a real low look, then get a different LT.

Edit* my Strano's are a 1.25 drop.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yup, those SLP's hang really. A friend of mine had it on his stock height SS and scraped every bump he encountered.I'm running Edelbrock Longtubes and pacesetter Y pipe. My car is lowered by with eibach springs and I can go over speed bumps perfectly fine and driveways aren't an issue.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Sommer, I had them and after a 6.0 instal and lowering springs they were flat on the bottom with hiles rubbed in them. Replaced them with 1 7/8 TSP longtubes and no problems
Old 03-17-2012, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

I have the SLP NEW desigend headers & Y after driving all last summer I only scraped once or twice with them , even going over speed bumps on an angle .

Quick Reply: slp headers scraping after eibach??