Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I goof on this setup??

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Did I goof on this setup??

I need the car to breathe better so I went ahead and ordered the Hooker LT coated, Y -pipe, Hooker exhaust, O2 simms, along with the FTRA....while at it ..I also ordered NGK's TR-55 and Taylor Thundervolts....in other words mods not in my sig...My car is an a4 with added 3.73/ TA cover/ with moser axles....should I have gotten a TC???...instaed of headers??? or did I do alright...I would have needed Drag Radials, and suspension mods ,a tranny cooler..had i opted for a TC (Vigilante)....But how did I do in going with breathing better than taking off better???..My 3.73's take off hard already but I could only have gone one route.......Which would have shaved off time of my et???
Old 03-23-2004, 06:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you done just fine...
do the tc next go round...
as long as you end up with a tc later then your ok....
your track times might be a little better if you did the tc instead ... but with the stuff you did the differance would not be much...
tc is good for 4-5tenths in the 1/4
ftra is good for 1 tenth
headers with y pipe good for 3-4

so either way your gonna be close to the other... and the headers and ypipe sound yummy... and though the cutout even better

www.ls1sounds.com

check there
Old 03-23-2004, 07:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I might do LT's and orp first also..... even after reading pages and pages on what a stall can do for an A4, I still want to gain hp first and hopfully get a trap speed over 110 and then do the stall then go low 12's all day. This is just personal preference, i'm not wraped up in just E.T's ,most of my fun is on the streets anyways
Old 03-24-2004, 09:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool

Originally Posted by AK's WS6
Well I might do LT's and orp first also..... even after reading pages and pages on what a stall can do for an A4, I still want to gain hp first and hopfully get a trap speed over 110 and then do the stall then go low 12's all day. This is just personal preference, i'm not wraped up in just E.T's ,most of my fun is on the streets anyways
I agree also..that was my deal....get more HP and then go from there since I go to the track every once in a while....I too was reading alot on how TC would wake up the A4 and all but I'll just add HP and then start shaving time off my ET ...sometimes you can't have both....oh well