Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

modifying floor to clear exhaust

Old 03-18-2012, 07:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default modifying floor to clear exhaust

hey guysim having a hell of a time trying to finish up my 4" exhaust, i have the burkhart torque arm setup and had them customize the front mount for me but thehump in it is a little to close to the passenger side, so i started clearancing the floor with my lump hammer and it seems the rear seat mount structure for the front passenger seat is right there and it doesnt wanna budge, so my options are to either 1.remodify the member or 2.i was thinking of sectioning the floor to allow plenty clearance.... im not liking option 1 because im worried about altering the torque arm mount and do not want to copensate any stregnth...i kinda like option 2 because i clearanced the **** outta the rear passenger seat hump for my magnaflow muffler/dump and this would give me the oppurtunity to section that out as well, all though this method seems like alot more work.

also if anyone has section out their floors for exhaust routing etc. please post pics

thanks
Old 03-18-2012, 10:37 AM
Staging Lane

I woudn't do that Dr. Gas makes oval exhaust pipe that would help you get around clearencing your floor. I think his 4in is equal to a 3in pipe. I would look into that route before you start messing with the seat mount.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by My1st4thgen
I woudn't do that Dr. Gas makes oval exhaust pipe that would help you get around clearencing your floor. I think his 4in is equal to a 3in pipe. I would look into that route before you start messing with the seat mount.
You could mark off the trouble spot and squeeze just that section down from a 4" to a 3" oval yourself in a vice. Just a thought.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

That works also, you just have to shove something in the ends so you don't squeeze those oval too so it still slide into the pipe.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:10 PM
11 Second Club

ya ive squeezed down some 4" TO oval before but it looks like even that might be a pain, ill take some measurements and some pics to show you guys what it looks like

Search this Thread