Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Guy from Phoenix, Please post if you work on LS1's here in PHX

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy from Phoenix, Please post if you work on LS1's here in PHX

Hello all at LS1 Tech. Im Kirk here in Phoenix Arizona and joined to learn some basic knowledge about the LS1.

I recently purchased a LS1 out of 2004 C5 and I am attempting to convert it over to run in my sand car. However I want to do the work myself or have someone that is a garage mechanic give me a hand to get this engine down to sand trim.

I will use the all the stock accessories like, oli pan, alt, ps pump and fuel rails ect. However I need to figure out what need to be converted over to make it work in a sandcar. I recently purchased a stand alone stock wire harness and computer that is tuned for E85. But now I just need to figure where to go from here. I guess I have alot of research to do and I am glad this site has tons of stuff.

If your from Phoenix and do any work let me know. I would really like to get this on a stand and get it tuned and possible add a cam and so other HP goodies. I know some may say just go to engine a builder but over the years I have found out the hard way that everyone in the sandcar business just gouges on price and service isn't always that great.

Well thanks if you took the time to read this novel.

Kirk