Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Correct header bolt torque???

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 07:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Correct header bolt torque???

I installed a set of bbk headers and used the gaskets that came with them and now I have an exhaust leak, Im not sure if I didnt tighten them properly or the gaskets are horrible, Ive head from people that the original gaskets are the best and am kicking myself now for not using them. Any help would be appreciated, I have searched and haven had any luck I migh have missed it somewhere along the way though. Thanks
Old 03-20-2012, 07:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Its a 2 pass process, starting at the inside bolts and working out. 1st pass is 11 Ft-lbs, second pass is 18 Ft-lbs, according to my reference. I have used the BBK gaskets as well, without problems. I'm not sure I would do it that way again, I just followed the instructions from BBK when I installed them. Maybe I just got lucky and they don't leak, maybe they work ok?
Old 03-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok cool thanks i must have missed that in the instructions, did you use any loctite on the threads or just put them in dry ?
Old 03-20-2012, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by nc2000ls1
ok cool thanks i must have missed that in the instructions, did you use any loctite on the threads or just put them in dry ?
Silver anti-seize

Quick Reply: Correct header bolt torque???